• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trying to make a decision. Opinions needed.

I like the level of electrical expertise. Can't wait to see under the dash.
Screenshot_20230311-073030~3.png

Picture of dash VIN plate? Does the VIN match the VIN on the title?
Picture of fender tag?

I talked to the guy the other day is a real great guy. He bought the car just like you. See it for a driver. Hes owned it four years...

16.5 is INSANE..... that's a 7k car if you LOVE those cars (i don't) and personally i HATE seeing a fuel cell in a trunk when one isn't needed.. that thing screams boy racer and every part on it will need to be gone though and probably a lot replaced. Run away.

Agree on the fuel cell issue.

Buy an easily obtainable Canadian repro tank.

...and don't cut up the trunk floor.

Agree on the fuel cell issue.

Buy an easily obtainable Canadian repro tank.

...and don't cut up the trunk floor.
Replacing the cell isn't my main issue.. no biggy there if the trunk isn't cut.. it's the person that was willing to do that built the rest of the car.. it might as well have a big *** square accel coil :)

I love these cars but everywhere you look you see things that aren't right. Painted over bent rear valance is a sign that the whole paint job could be over speedy prep which will lead to a complete body job. Leaking pinion seal could mean an aged differential run low on oil, no KD linkage could mean a huffed transmission, Etc.
It could be a core at $7500 but I would expect it will need a full blown teardown and complete attention and $$$ everywhere. If you could be in at $14k and add some weekends and $1k in parts I would say go for it, however I don't think that is realistic.

In my experience, aAll of the small issues you see in the photos = many more that are not shown. I would only consider this car if I looked it over very carefully in person, and even then if it seemed there were no major issues, I'd offer at most $10k. If you just wanna drive it, ok, but if you want to pretty it up there is a ton of work to be redone and it youd be better to start off with something else.

Gm alternator, gm distributor, gm valvecovers(lol) black engine bay... I can see where this was all pointing to....
:rofl:

I may be on an island all my own on this one. Compared to the garbage, rotted, junkmobile Mopars that have been put out there lately, this one appears to be something to consider. Negotiating a price is one thing, but finding a car intact, that's driveable, right off the bat which for the most part has a decent core to work on, with all the sheetmetal? Somebody please tell me where I can get a car like this for under $10 k.

I talked to the guy the other day is a real great guy. He bought the car just like you. See it for a driver. Hes owned it four years...
Thanks for all the input...the guy said he was get pics for me on Fri...just told me today it's sold.....lol

I may be on an island all my own on this one. Compared to the garbage, rotted, junkmobile Mopars that have been put out there lately, this one appears to be something to consider. Negotiating a price is one thing, but finding a car intact, that's driveable, right off the bat which for the most part has a decent core to work on, with all the sheetmetal? Somebody please tell me where I can get a car like this for under $10 k.

I am in agreement with Mr. Coyote on this. It runs , drives, appears solid, just embrace your inner Joe Dirt and drive the wheels off it !

One of our favorite cars was a ‘72 Satellite so I have a soft spot for them.
That said, he’s asking way too much for it and if you’re going to spend that much for very little more you can invest in a real road runner that will increase in value.

I just stopped at a clastic car sales lot.

Nearly everything there was 22.5K

...and they nearly all had amature at best bodywork and none had paint as good as the $2500 (in 2020) job on my Satellite.

...but they all looked good from the street.

Auto Transport Service
Back