• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI 3" x-pipe

64sleeper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
Does this look right? Seems like the driver side is low. I thought it would come out of the header and turn up and in toward the hump in the cross member more but maybe that's how it's supposed to be. Wanted to see if anybody had pictures of their's. They're TTI headers btw.
20220218_141620.jpg

I am wondering if the pipe is on upside down? I had mine off and on a few times trying to get the right fit.
A couple of pics for you.
IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

photo2.JPG

photo1.JPG

Sorry to hijack thread but I see 65hemi used band clamps instead of the u clamps provided. Is it better to buy these separately instead of the U clamps? Just received my exhaust today from tti

I prefer the band clamps over the U clamps. Its easier to dismantle the exhaust when servicing the car. I also use anti-seize on the joints.
I got the band clamps separately from Summit.

Band clamps are nice. I even go one step further on some of my exhaust systems with welding on Marmin flanges and Marmin clamps.

I am wondering if the pipe is on upside down? I had mine off and on a few times trying to get the right fit.
A couple of pics for you.
View attachment 1242375
View attachment 1242376
View attachment 1242377
View attachment 1242378

I thought so too possibly, but everything including the x pipe is stamped L and R. I checked them a few times and everything is on the correct side. I even rotated the 3 bolt flange part around and that's the only way it could go. It looks like it's going to line up nice with the mufflers and tailpipes in the back, just seemed like it angles down out of the headers more than it should. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Thanks for the pictures! Car looks great 65!!

Sorry to hijack thread but I see 65hemi used band clamps instead of the u clamps provided. Is it better to buy these separately instead of the U clamps? Just received my exhaust today from tti

I prefer the band clamps over the U clamps. Its easier to dismantle the exhaust when servicing the car. I also use anti-seize on the joints.
I got the band clamps separately from Summit.

TTI must be getting cheap, my system from TTI came with band clamps.

well that’s disappointing to hear! Those band clamps look way nicer
It’s worth a call to TTi, they might’ve just thrown in the wrong ones. If not, Summit Racing does carry the stainless steel for a reasonable price.

Auto Transport Service
Back