• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI Exhaust fitment issues (AARGH!)

Yea, If I would have known about all this mismatched sh** beforehand, I would have just taken it to a shop and have them fab a system up but it's NOW not worth the insane shipping cost to send it back.

Yea, If I would have known about all this mismatched sh** beforehand, I would have just taken it to a shop and have them fab a system up but it's NOW not worth the insane shipping cost to send it back.

have you tried bending it? You’ll barely have to bend it to make it right from the looks of it. You’re off by a few inches over 7 feet. That’s a minor bend at the flange. Just do it And you’ll be happy again.

For what it’s worth I was ’worried’ about wrecking my manifold to by bolting it tight and bending it, but nothing happened. I doubt anything will too unless your manifolds are super rusty and eroded.

I think custom shop stuff twisted up by some kid more often turns out like ****, mufflers and hangers will be in the wrong spots and rattles, probabaly hit the floors or driveshaft etc….
i can’t stand custom shop prices and crap quality.

Good Evening,

I'm having a MIGRAINE trying to fit a TTI Exhaust system on my 62 Polara 500 2 door. I gave them both HP manifold numbers for the supposedly "correct" down pipes and per the destructions, to begin assembly from the rear. We mocked them up anyway just to see and BOY what DO we see? The drivers down pipe seems not to be bent correctly as it takes the drivers side half of the "H" pipe WAY over towards the drive shaft. Also, both halves of the "H" pipes are way too long to even fit into both mufflers and I DO have the correct Dynomax mufflers as recommended. I called them and the TECH guy (very cool dude) said to put the drivers side "H" pipe onto the drivers side down pipe and BEND the down pipe outwards towards the drivers door. We were thinking if we DO that, then the "H" pipe halves will NOT fit up and connect together. I've searched for comments and videos and found only TWO videos that were "out there" and not related to my issue. I have not bent anything as of yet. TTI confirmed my HP exhaust numbers and I "supposedly" have the correct stamped down pipe part numbers. I'm thinking the down pipe was not bent correctly? Any comments or remedies to this issue will be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1540743

View attachment 1540744

View attachment 1540745

View attachment 1540746
OOOOOOOOOOO K! After FURTHER REVIEW, "4mulas" posted that he had the same issue and they sent him another down pipe and it was still off, so with that in consideration, we determined it was actually the DRIVERS side of the "H" pipe that was not bent correctly that was causing the offset problem? It also could have been a very minor problem with the down pipe but we were not sure. Soooooooooo, we assembled two ratchet straps, one just behind the "H" pipe and one on the furthermost end of the "H" pipe by the muffler. We counter strapped the "H" pipe to the passenger's side of the lift ramp to AVOID any extreme pressure to not crack the HP manifold and then ratchet strapped the end of the "H" pipe to the driver's side of the lift ramp and went at it. Of course we had to "over ratchet strap" the pipe so it would eventually "relax" back to where we wanted it. This procedure was a perfect remedy for the fitment problem. After it was all assembled, it looked "tits" ! As for TTI, I would buy from them again since the quality of their pipes are way better than a muffler shop along with the tail pipe bends that are a historical Mopar trademark coming out of the back end. I am going to call their tech guy and have him research the drivers side "H" pipe geometry if they are getting calls from the 62-65 guys like us. THANKS to everyone for their input ! As for the Dynomax Turbo Mufflers....oh YEA!

62 exh1.jpg

62 exh2.jpg

62 exh3.jpg

62 exh4.jpg

62 exh5.jpg

62 exh6.jpg

62 exh7.jpg

62 exh8.jpg

After it was all corrected, I believe the TTI pipe quality is way superior to the local muffler shop after looking at them.

Glad you got it together. I agree on tti, I would never do custom shop stuff either. Crimped bends, cheap pipe, ill fitting tailpipes.
I’ve had several tti exhaust systems and Will continue to be a buyer.
I find that when fitting tti exhaust you #1 do what they say which usually starting from the back then I leave everything really loose, grease the fittings, then when it’s clear things are lining up great I start tightening things up will make for a good install

Oh yea, (2) other things to mention: We had to cut 3" of the "H" pipes to fit into the mufflers (which is common) no biggies there, (the last 2 pics) and since I decided to leave the (frozen) heat riser on the passenger manifold alone which was stuck in the open position and not grind the flap off or replace it, THAT came back to bite me in the azz because we could not install the down pipe to the manifold because that open flap gave us no clearance so we had to unseat the pitman arm and drop the control arm and THEN it fit right in. Zzzzzzzzz.........

Sounds like you got it all right the original H pipe on My 67 R/T only had a little more room than the tailshaft housing needed to hang it on there when you were stabbing the trans.

I trial fit everything on the ground and measure the spread before trying them just a very small rotation can make a big difference in the end position of the pipes.

I run Doug's 2" stainless headers on most of the cars I build so you will always have to do some fab unless you build the exhaust outright.

Good job and thanks for the pics they will help people out when they build their own or adjust the ready fits.

Auto Transport Service
Back