• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI exhaust on a 77 4 door

Phil Anderson

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
I am trying to put a TTI exhaust system on my 77 Monaco cop car 4 door. I have the shorty headers from Schumacher that TTI manufactures. I also have the TTI exhaust system for a 77 Charger 2 door. The 2 door has a 2" shorter wheelbase than the 4 door. I did not think that would have been too much of an issue. Is the distance from the mufflers to the tailpipe hangers the same on a 4 door as on a 2 door ?
The pipes that I have are way too short. I'm thinking they may have sent me the wrong exhaust system.

I would call TTI and ask for Sam only. He is soft spoken but should be able to answer all your questions. In 77 they made the Monaco 4 door in a "B" body and a Royal Monaco in a "C" body. I am guessing yours is the "B".Looking at photos it looks like from the mufflers back the 4 and 2 door should be the same.

The pipes fit pretty well after all. The only problem is that TTI does not make any pipes to go from the exhaust system to the Schumacher short headers that are made by TTI. They said that since there are so many different configurations they make them all. A call to Accurate exhaust (suggested by Schumacher) proved to be fruitful. They make an exhaust system that bolts right up to the shorty headers. They are custom making me a section of pipe with the ball type flange that will bolt up to the header. I requested that the pipes be thirty inches long to allow me to connect them to the TTI pipes. The pipes are scheduled to arrive on 06/26. I'm hoping to get this car rolling soon !

Keep us posted and photos if you can.

Pipes on exhaust all tightened and lined up sounds great !! Now I have to replace the carb and all of the leaf spring bushings. Thinking of getting a Street Demon 1904.

Auto Transport Service
Back