• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn on ignition....silence!

Aussie Coronet

Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
Tried to start the Coro this morning...nothing, no movement, zip activity. There is no power to anything, not even a dimly flickering dome light. It's as if there was no battery in the car.

I checked the battery terminals, all good. I know it can start because I backed it 10 feet out of the garage a couple of days ago and then back in again (after a few weeks of it not getting any use).

Could I have blown a fuse or fusable link somewhere? I had a quick look at the fuses in the glove box but they all appear to be accessory related, is there a master fuse somewhere?

Totally dead battery or fusable link went but for the link to go, something is usually wrong like a dead short. Hook a battery charger to the car and see if your dome light comes on....disconnect the battery first.

ahem....seem's someone left the headlights on......

I'm going now to um.....find the culprit. =-)

Did something like that not to long ago...left the ignition switch on. Turn it on to roll up the windows in my wife's car and left it on. Need to put the cars up etc BEFORE I drink :D

Man I hate it when that happens....I think they named a car after the culprits...It was a GREMLIN!!!!!
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Auto Transport Service
Back