• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signals only work when running lights are off

Dominic Torreto

Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
So I finally got everything back on the 1970 dodge charger 500 after the restoration of the body. I got the running lights, reverse lights and brake lights to work but the turn signals only work when the running lights are off? Not sure what this is about but another thing is my gauge lights arent working either? Last 2 electrical things before I put the interior back in my 1970 dodge charger 500.

So I finally got everything back on the 1970 dodge charger 500 after the restoration of the body. I got the running lights, reverse lights and brake lights to work but the turn signals only work when the running lights are off? Not sure what this is about but another thing is my gauge lights arent working either? Last 2 electrical things before I put the interior back in my 1970 dodge charger 500.
Did you check your flasher unit, grounds, power at sockets? Are you using incandescent bulbs?
Mike

Back out of the woodwork? You still have a thread going on somewhere here lol

Lol ita been a long time man I got screwed out of 8800 dollars on an 871 blower and to 550 cfm carbs man. I finally got back on the car in the summer of 2020. You guus are a really cool forums other forums that I am on like the Mitsubishi Eclipse forums they are a bunch of pricks lol.
Back out of the woodwork? You still have a thread going on somewhere here lo

In 68 I believe they were mounted on the back of the ashtray housing

Update we got turn signals to work but they go super slow and for some reason the driver side signal goes even slower than passenger. I put new sockets in the lenses and they started working. Also I did buy a brand new flasher as well. Battery power isnt really effecting the signal speed even with a battery charger on there.

Update the turn signals have power going to them even if the turn signal and the headlights arent even on is that normal?

Update the turn signals have power going to them even if the turn signal and the headlights arent even on is that normal?
No. You need to start voltage checks at the source in every circuit and work downstream toward the load, eliminating all connections as the issue until it is found.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back