• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turquoise Mopar paint

No they are not, I had to buy mine from another vendor. I bought mine in quarts and the color is spot on but it took awhile to get. Bill Hirsch is the place to go.

My experience with the Hirsch paint wasn’t that great. Doesn’t have a great shelf life after opening, dries slowly on your parts after applying, didn’t seem very resistant to gasoline exposure. Just my experience.

Get a match for basecoat/clearcoat. It resists everything and yes it’ll hold up to the heat. If your engine gets hotter than a car hood in arizona you have other problems.

I was at a local Eastwood store recently and saw they had Dupli-Color "Chrysler Green" engine enamel, DE1619. I used Mopar Turquoise in a rattle can and it just doesn't match the way I had hoped. Not enough green IMO.

Here's a POR15 I just did
20230622_210724.jpg
20230622_224015.jpg

I bought the Bill Hirsch paint and it seemed too green. I even sent them a sample card that they checked against the one that they had on file and they matched.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dupli color, CHRYSLER BLUE from NAPA
20230624_194152.jpg

No they are not, I had to buy mine from another vendor. I bought mine in quarts and the color is spot on but it took awhile to get. Bill Hirsch is the place to go.
I use the Bill Hirsch rattle cans. They go a long way because lot's of solids in the paint. Old school spray nozzles too for the win!

20221012_141813.jpg

Last edited:
100_1025.jpg

Bought my engine paint from Eastwood. Sprays out nice and covers well

Lots of different colors of "good old Chrysler blue" out there. I guess as long as you don't try to mix and match, it doesn't really matter which one you use.

I used Duplicolor Detroit Diesel Green on my turquoise 68 intake. It matched the rest of the engine very well! I took off the 2 bbl setup and installed a 4 bbl. Nice mach! Readily available!

IMG_5645.jpeg

IMG_3461.jpeg

IMG_3552.jpeg

I just tinted some U-tech single stage to match. It's more or less a perfect match to the original can of the MP aerosol I had left over.

Easy for me to say as I paint for a living. But that being said any auto body supply store that has the ability to mix custom colors should not have a problem making you some.

Nice thing about the single stage Utech is it's polyurethane industrial paint, so it is tough as hell, extremely resistant to chemicals and gasoline, has no problem with the heat and has a nice gloss. You can brush it on to

Auto Transport Service
Back