• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unbelievable: Sold car now he want's his money back

I sold a VW Jetta , stick car beater. Price was 400 or 500. Guy came looked at from 2hours away. Guy was around 40. I don’t think he ever drove a stick before. Bought it without driving it.

He called me after he went 20 miles and said the motor was knocking. My son was using it so I wasn’t sure if it had been knocking before, but I suspected the guy blew it up from not knowing what a clutch was.

I went where he was and gave him his money back. Next day I scrapped it where it was, took off the alloy wheels, and actually came out ahead after selling the wheels. Scrap was really high at that time

My son said I was a chump.

I sold a '70 Challenger years back. Beautiful, all done 440/4spd car.

Guy drives off and I immediately regret selling the car, but such is life, right ? Ten minutes later he comes back and said the car has a cracked head and I have to do something.

I said " Hold on, I'll get your money."

He said " F*** you, you're not getting this car back."

I said " Then WTF do you want, a rebate ?"

Turns out it was a loose header bolt pissing a little coolant.

Sold my 64 Savoy Monday, came from Ohio with a friend to look it over.
Had it up un the lift so they could look it over good.
They looked at it for nearly an hour.
Made the deal Cash and I drove it onto his trailer.
Yesterday he calls and said I want to return the car. WTF.
He said he thinks I made a 2 door out of a 4 door.
I told him the vin will tell you it is a 2 door.
Said he did not believe me and wants to bring it back and get his money Baack.
And he could not get it started and had to push it off the trailer. I started it several times and drove it up on to his trailer.
NOW WHAT TO DO? Buyers remorse.
repercussions?

So where do things stand? Don't keep us in suspense.

Buy it back for 1/2 price cause it does not run. :lol:
Ran when parked....on the trailer.

No way I would refund. If the guy spent that much time looking it over, and you are straight up & honest about how you presented the car, and he paid in cash......no refunds.

This sounds like the wife is pissed at him, and he wants out quickly. He didn't ask for permission to buy the car, and doesn't know how a deal works.

it's his car now , and he can just resale it . no buyers remorse , unless that is contacted prior to money changing hands .

it's his car now , and he can just resale it . no buyers remorse , unless that is contacted prior to money changing hands .
Exactly. Tell him to go be a hero and double his money.

Restocking fee and only if it is in original condition and packaging.
Nothing he can do legally.
No right of rescission on this sale.
Want and get are 2 different things.
If he can prove it is a 2 door conversion, do it.

Did he go by the name BIGBOY?

:rofl:
Couldn't have been Bigboy......there was no mention by the OP of a Payment Plan. :rolleyes:

Big Boy.jpg

The car don't run anymore,but in the guys defense,it won the burnout contest last week!

So where do things stand? Don't keep us in suspense.
RC in suspense.. Sounds like a oxymoron.
I have not heard back from him as of yesterday, And I have not contacted him. Expect he will be calling today.
Wife is concerned about repercussions he might do.
Maybe I should start a poll.
I am liking all the suggestions here. Namely POUND SAND.
If I do get it back I'll be sure to let VANDAM know.
Stay tuned.
X=?

I sold a VW Jetta , stick car beater. Price was 400 or 500. Guy came looked at from 2hours away. Guy was around 40. I don’t think he ever drove a stick before. Bought it without driving it.

He called me after he went 20 miles and said the motor was knocking. My son was using it so I wasn’t sure if it had been knocking before, but I suspected the guy blew it up from not knowing what a clutch was.

I went where he was and gave him his money back. Next day I scrapped it where it was, took off the alloy wheels, and actually came out ahead after selling the wheels. Scrap was really high at that time

My son said I was a chump.
Had a VW that was kinda like that....came back a week later and said it needed a valve job.
I sold a '70 Challenger years back. Beautiful, all done 440/4spd car.

Guy drives off and I immediately regret selling the car, but such is life, right ? Ten minutes later he comes back and said the car has a cracked head and I have to do something.

I said " Hold on, I'll get your money."

He said " F*** you, you're not getting this car back."

I said " Then WTF do you want, a rebate ?"

Turns out it was a loose header bolt pissing a little coolant.
Anyone that tells me to F off wouldn't get squat from me. I would have taken that car and stuffed it way away from him.
Did he go by the name BIGBOY?

:rofl:
Oh man, was thinking the same thing when I started reading this thread!!

Auto Transport Service
Back