• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncle Tony Finds an Unrestored '63 Dodge Max Wedge!

QUESTIONS....
Who is "Uncle Tony" and what is his claim to fame? Why is Uncle Tony's shoes being shown? The "small" Carter 3447S carbs noted, were on the Stage II 426 MW engine for 1964.
Second question is: Where is the car located?
Third question is: Is it for sale as well as all the associated parts...intake manifold, carbs exhaust stuff, etc.?
Or.....is this car NFS....because it, along with Uncle Elmo's 1947 Studebaker, also in the backyard, is a candidate for being "fixed up" by Uncle Elmo, who, having passed on, is unable to fux it, will not be sold.....because ????
Remember....$$$$ talks....lets see some prices....perhaps someone with deep pockets may step up. IF this were a Stage III MAXWEDGE car with the tri-Y exhaust manifolds and the Carter 3705SA carbs..... wishful thinking.....
BOB RENTON

Bit of a late response but Uncle Tony is/was a journalist and founded the magazines High Performance Mopar and Mopar Action.

Uncle tony is the guy with the beard.

His claim to fame is he’s a real car guy that speaks well and has many mopar videos about how things work, and how to do things, all mopar related.
I find it pretty sad that this guy has a YouTube channel about cars and he can't seem to scrape together enough money for a car lift and decent tools.
I did it and I'm just a regular blue collar construction worker.
He is in his late 60s and owns numerous project cars. Why not sell one or two cars and buy a car lift? Would you want to do a transmission swap at 68 while laying on the floor? Do you want to do everything with ratchets and wrenches instead of power tools?
He had a recent video of his new location with what looked like a pathetic display of tools and equipment for a guy his age.
It really makes him look like a long winded "has been" that actually never was.
The man doesn't have to have $50,000 worth of tools and equipment to be credible but when I see a guy like him talk a lot but have so little, it doesn't seem like he is one to listen to.

When on the rare occasion I have watched his videos, my attention span wandered off at about the ten second mark.

I would rather watch paint dry.

He has his moments but some of his stuff just seems like the crazy rants from that weird car guy down the road that always smells of cigarettes and cheap beer.

I find it pretty sad that this guy has a YouTube channel about cars and he can't seem to scrape together enough money for a car lift and decent tools.
I did it and I'm just a regular blue collar construction worker.
He is in his late 60s and owns numerous project cars. Why not sell one or two cars and buy a car lift? Would you want to do a transmission swap at 68 while laying on the floor? Do you want to do everything with ratchets and wrenches instead of power tools?
He had a recent video of his new location with what looked like a pathetic display of tools and equipment for a guy his age.
It really makes him look like a long winded "has been" that actually never was.
The man doesn't have to have $50,000 worth of tools and equipment to be credible but when I see a guy like him talk a lot but have so little, it doesn't seem like he is one to listen to.
Here’s a shot of the inside of my buddies garage. No lift, no fancy tools, just a good old boy, never meaning no harm. It’s a 2 car garage, and he works on a lot of peoples cars, mine included. He has well over 15 of his own cars, and every one of them runs but one, his Dan Gurney race car. There’s a lot of guys out there, myself included, that get things done with little more than the garage space to do it. In the last 2 years alone, I’ve parted out over 15 cars, on my trailer, in my driveway.

7025EAF9-EC95-45D4-A890-C15C5D8270B4.jpeg

05958AB7-E8A0-4982-9BAF-A5B3324EF976.jpeg

D2813E2E-C8D5-4D3F-8016-CC42D08E3AC9.jpeg

D11617C8-282F-46A3-BF56-14683D1D2B62.jpeg

EA3A9765-A126-4458-AB51-E231E8328632.jpeg

BDFF7266-8003-4348-B871-982F40D9C237.jpeg

0B2589AF-695E-46E4-8915-D7F353601113.jpeg

D7DA280B-97DC-4F45-B8F8-E95C4FE819BA.jpeg

C91731EA-40EC-4AA1-A6E0-44B325DA8CE9.jpeg

89039DFD-77EC-4319-954F-9B1563EB1A63.jpeg

Agree with Kern Dog, yet I'm guilty of Uncle Tony-ism.

No space for a lift in my garage, but no heat!
Every winter I say, I should have put heat in my garage, every summer I don't have time to do it.
It's the one 'tool' I could use the most.

In my defense, I have limited space, but manage to build multiple drivers.

20230601_191406.jpg

Bit of a late response but Uncle Tony is/was a journalist and founded the magazines High Performance Mopar and Mopar Action.
62 and 63 max wedges had 3447 carbs . 63 stage 2 cars built after june had 3705 carbs and 64 stage 3 had 3705 carbs

It's painful to see that car rotting like that. I would cherish the hell out of that thing.

But this is America...A Man can do whatever he wants with his property. That's his right.

But it sucks. It downright sucks to see it happen

Here’s a shot of the inside of my buddies garage. No lift, no fancy tools, just a good old boy, never meaning no harm. It’s a 2 car garage, and he works on a lot of peoples cars, mine included. He has well over 15 of his own cars, and every one of them runs but one, his Dan Gurney race car. There’s a lot of guys out there, myself included, that get things done with little more than the garage space to do it. In the last 2 years alone, I’ve parted out over 15 cars, on my trailer, in my driveway.
Do you have a shop and a YouTube channel? Sorry, I just mean that since Tony does, the bar is higher for him.
My comments were not intended to be a blanket insult to others. It was directed towards UTG.
A guy can be a loudmouth and get away with it if he has the stones to back it up. A guy that posts videos and gives automotive advice like he does ? I just expected more. In his shop I see no welding equipment, no sandblasting cabinet, no shop quality air compressor or air tools. It is like he is stuck in his 20s with just a ratchet and a few wrenches. His project cars all look like the quality of cars you'd see in some 3rd world country.
I have watched him tell stories and give tech tips that do make sense. I don't mean to bash him entirely, I just shake my head at people that look to him as if he is the final word on automotive matters.

Do you have a shop and a YouTube channel? Sorry, I just mean that since Tony does, the bar is higher for him.
My comments were not intended to be a blanket insult to others. It was directed towards UTG.
A guy can be a loudmouth and get away with it if he has the stones to back it up. A guy that posts videos and gives automotive advice like he does ? I just expected more. In his shop I see no welding equipment, no sandblasting cabinet, no shop quality air compressor or air tools. It is like he is stuck in his 20s with just a ratchet and a few wrenches. His project cars all look like the quality of cars you'd see in some 3rd world country.
I have watched him tell stories and give tech tips that do make sense. I don't mean to bash him entirely, I just shake my head at people that look to him as if he is the final word on automotive matters.
Intend to agree. He has some decent cars, but you don’t ever see them. I personally wouldn’t waste my time on some of the projects he does. And no, I don’t have a YouTube channel, I don’t have time for that. He seems to have a lot of friends that do have lifts, and he does a lot of cutting and welding, so somebody is doing it!

Really? You must miss the entire point of his videos. Not specific to this one video but he is a minimalist! The point is, you don’t need a fancy shop, welder, lift, compressor and $100k plus worth of tools. He is trying to show a YouTube generation that they can do this stuff with a harbor freight budget bin wrench set and still have a good reliable car.

After people like him (And probably us) are gone, without a computer to diagnose and fix it, cars will be disposable. Just like vacuum cleaners and washers and dryers.

Maybe I just see him differently than you.
A minimalist? He had at least 6 cars at his house and 5 or more at his shop. He has a pretty nice looking house. It seems like the "minimalist" description only seems to describe his tool collection.
TV shows like Roadkill, Roadkill Garage and some others show the guys doing stuff without car lifts. That is fine...With them, I can see that they might be trying to appeal to the budget conscious fans. If it were me, I'd want to make the work on the cars as easy as I could. I guess it is possible that my line of thinking may be wrong for the market.
I don't know who is right, I just get a mixed vibe from UTG.
The guy spent who knows how much to build a slant six Miata?
He put a 4 door Valiant on a truck frame NOT to go off road but to drag race?
He built a heavy 4 door Coronet for a drag car instead of a lighter A body?
He seems to have chased off every one of the shop helpers he has had?
I do like his "low dollar" stuff sometimes because I've always been interested in using old stuff and making it work.
I like that he isn't pausing his videos to Give a shout out to XYZ spark plugs, AFU distributor caps and any other product or part he might be using. I don't think that he is all bad.

I've probably done at least a dozen transmissions in all types of stuff over the years.
All from jack stands.
I don't know how many hours I've spent crawling around on the floor. (A couple in the middle of February=wicked cold)
I even did a couple on my gravel driveway which was pretty insane now that I think back on it.
Of course now that none of my stuff needs a transmission (fingers crossed here) I'm in the process of installing a lift.
Can't wait to finish and get it working!:bananaweed:
I'm trying to get smarter as I get older.

Uncle Tony getting the Black Sheep of the family beat out of him here! LOL

I believe there is a difference between the Carter 3705S and Carter 3705SA carbs. The 3705SA was considered the "bigger" at 770 CFM snd the 3705S was considered the "smaller" at ~ 750 CFM. The Holley R-3116 used on the Hemi was rated at 770-780 CFM. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON
The 3705's I had on my flow bench flowed about 700 CFM, all of the 3447's I had 6 of them were between 598 and 602 CFM

Seems like another interesting project turned into disappointment.

He was supposed to collaborate with Dave Vizard on a 318 build but seems like the project fell apart due to too many cooks in the kitchen.

This one doesn’t seem to be Tony’s fault, but his parameters seemed to exclude a lot of common sense upgrades.

You can do "low buck" stuff without being a hack. Some people know this, others just continue their "hack theme" with everything.

There's a difference between working low budget and trying to make something nice with limited means (I have a 40yr old steel single car shed on dirt/gravel), and dudes that just hoard cars they'll never fix just because they can. And they are pretty similar to the parts pimps, the volume accumulated and turned over is sad. In my opinion it hurts the hobby.

Auto Transport Service
Back