• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncle Tony's garage

Gus chiggins

Local time
6:08 AM
Reaction score
I saw a rant by Tony on youtube bemoaning the fact that people modify their classic cars, and how they should retain their more, or less stock appearence, and drivelines. Another poster (kiwi's classics, and customs) installed a digital dash in an older mustang, and Tony whined about that. What's funny his disciples were all chiming in on how awful LS engine swaps in older cars sucks, if it's GM, fine, and people bitching about oversized wheels, and black wheels on how they suck. I get keeping an original musclecar true to its heritage, but your generic everyday car you can do what you want, and yes four door cars are fine too. I noticed he's moving out of his current shop, to downsize, it looks like he's moving into a storage container. Btw sometimes he does offer good stuff......sometimes.

I saw a rant by Tony on youtube bemoaning the fact that people modify their classic cars, and how they should retain their more, or less stock appearence, and drivelines. Another poster (kiwi's classics, and customs) installed a digital dash in an older mustang, and Tony whined about that. What's funny his disciples were all chiming in on how awful LS engine swaps in older cars sucks, if it's GM, fine, and people bitching about oversized wheels, and black wheels on how they suck. I get keeping an original musclecar true to its heritage, but your generic everyday car you can do what you want, and yes four door cars are fine too. I noticed he's moving out of his current shop, to downsize, it looks like he's moving into a storage container. Btw sometimes he does offer good stuff......sometimes.
Agreed. I watched his rant about cylinder honing. He was way off base and not based in facts at all, but he is entitled to his opinion, albeit even if he's flat out incorrect. He has followers and does decent content so more power to him. I'm a purist for old cars, but it's your car, I don't have to like it, you do.

I haven't seen his channel in a few months since youtube won't let me use an ad blocker now.
I am not surprised he is getting out of that shop. He over bought IMO, that place was huge and he was betting on a youtube income to pay for it.
he started out in a double sized storage unit, I am sure he is going back to that, no property tax!
It's fine, he is the type it seems to keep buying half done cars and then buy another one instead of repairing the first one. He will retire on the sale of his project car fleet I am sure.

I did get a laugh out of the slant 6 Miata. If he would have done a 4 speed with it he would have had something there.

I'll give this thread about 2 pages and it's gone.
1702356888362.png

He did a rant about second generation Chargers, and he said that they were not really considered muscle cars because they weighed 500 pounds more than a Road Runner or a Super Bee. He said people were giving them away,which was true, but they were giving away all muscle cars then,and I was buying them all back then,and all of them were cheap. A Charger R/T was always considered a muscle car. They didn't weigh 500 pounds more,maybe a couple hundred pounds, and the base engine was a 440 Magnum, could easily handle most other muscle cars even with a little extra weight.

I have never been a fan, but I did see one day that he had a piece on pinion snubbers. He said they were really important. Since I think they are absolutely worthless, I haven't watched a single minute of his stuff since.

Don't care for the guy
it's semi-entertainment at best, he has a shitload of followers
that doesn't make him right/correct, (or at all), it just makes him popular

I keep the rest to myself... this is the GDF

to each their own you don't have to watch

Like everything else in life and Mopars, you just gotta take him with a grain of salt. Hell, none of us are right or correct all the time. Just look at the posts where someone asks a legitimate question…the answers are all over the place. Obviously, not everyone is correct. Should I call you a UTG if in my endevour, your advice doesn’t work?

My advice is to “relax Francis”…let it go

The guy has done a lot. And he’s written for many magazines that I’ve read. I watch his vids sometimes. He has some great information, and sometimes I disagree. But yeah, he’s kool.

Most of us have known someone like him at some point of our lives. If you're a reasonably smart person, you don't listen to a guy like him and agree with everything he says.
I don't.
He makes sense in some ways and in others, he has a point of view that I don't agree with.
Guess what? THAT is how it is with people.
There is no vetting process to hosting a YouTube channel like you see with televised shows. The TV shows have huge responsibilities to generate profit so they are obligated to use professionals that either know the business or entertain you enough for their lack of intellect to not matter.
I can't watch Bitchin Rides anymore because the weird beard dork that owns the shop speaks with a predictable cadence and inflection in every segment. The dude they have with the flat bill hat and tucked in ears annoys me.
Roadworthy Rescues is a great concept but the host is a nerdy dork that uses stupid terminology to describe car parts. "Sparkolaters" ??
Counts Customs....Danny calls every dude brother as if he thinks he is Hulk Hogan.
PhantomWorks can be entertaining but has manufactured drama.
Graveyard Cars could be better but does feature our type of cars.
Uncle Tony reminds me of the guy down the street that has 10 or more cars and none of them are finished. He gets 50-60% done with a car and loses interest to the next project that will then ALSO get to the same level and then abandoned for the NEXT project.
His show is free to watch and as far as I know, nobody is forced to watch it.

Auto Transport Service
Back