• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Uncle Tony's garage

who's uncle is he?
How ugly is his sister? I'm amazed that she met someone and had kids to MAKE Tony an uncle....

01 face 1.jpg

Is UTG his side gig? I thought he was still slinging pizza in Brooklyn.

Roadworthy Rescues is a great concept but the host is a nerdy dork that uses stupid terminology to describe car parts. "Sparkolaters" ??
Hahaha i can't watch any of his videos.. he has a MASSIVE youtube channel and everytime says **** like sparkly whirlitator i want to smash ****...

Graveyard Cars could be better but does feature our type of cars.
GYC... yeah... coulda been great but wouldn't have been on as long.. i can't handle the owner, imagine working for someone like that day in and day out.. plus all the old movie **** thrown in non stop.. just gimme the car information thanks.

P.S. one thing all those youtube guys that "Rescue" old cars do that makes me insane is "It has sat for 20 years lets see if it starts!!" It fires for half a second then they start reving it to 5k over and over..

Uncle Tony has some strongly held opinions, but that doesn’t make him right. I too have strongly held opinions that I more or less keep to myself…

Hahaha i can't watch any of his videos.. he has a MASSIVE youtube channel and everytime says **** like sparkly whirlitator i want to smash ****...

GYC... yeah... coulda been great but wouldn't have been on as long.. i can't handle the owner, imagine working for someone like that day in and day out.. plus all the old movie **** thrown in non stop.. just gimme the car information thanks.

P.S. one thing all those youtube guys that "Rescue" old cars do that makes me insane is "It has sat for 20 years lets see if it starts!!" It fires for half a second then they start reving it to 5k over and over..
That's not Uncle Tony. That's Derek from Vice Grip Garage. I see now he is on Motor Trend Channel.

Personally, I watch GYC and UTC both, if it's about Mopar's count me in. I just take what I want from the videos and forget what I choose. I am just happy that there are outlets for our hobby, and I might add, if I ever had the opportunity, I'd love Mark to build me a brand new 69 Charger RT and wouldn't care a less what he was talking about in the shop. They build beautiful cars IMO

I should start a show, already have the cameras in the shop. Unfortunately all you'd ever see live though is me sitting at the "parts counter" surfing FBBO !! lol

The only channel i really think puts out good content is a guy that owns a shop i think it's in NY somewhere.. he explains stuff well and encourages people to do things themselves.. it's not mopar though.. pretty much works on anything.

You would certainly care about the 200k bill that comes along with that Charger R/T.
Personally, I watch GYC and UTC both, if it's about Mopar's count me in. I just take what I want from the videos and forget what I choose. I am just happy that there are outlets for our hobby, and I might add, if I ever had the opportunity, I'd love Mark to build me a brand new 69 Charger RT and wouldn't care a less what he was talking about in the shop. They build beautiful cars IMO

He did a video on the Black Ghost Challenger, and for the most part I agree with him about the whole thing being a bullschit story,but he said that the Hemi Challenger R/T was a 15 second car. When a 70 Hemi Challenger R/T with a 4 speed and a 4.10 Dana was a 13 second car. Most road tests from back in the day show times of 13.1 to 13.5 depending upon the driver and track conditions. He tends to make the cars he doesn't care for out to be slugs and the ones he does out to be the fastest things on the street. I know that this Challenger R/T was not out mixing it up with the Detroit street scenes heavy hitters,but a Hemi Challenger R/T was not a car to be taken lightly by people street racing regular muscle cars.

From what I gather, he likes 6 cylinders.

He did a video on the Black Ghost Challenger, and for the most part I agree with him about the whole thing being a bullschit story,but he said that the Hemi Challenger R/T was a 15 second car. When a 70 Hemi Challenger R/T with a 4 speed and a 4.10 Dana was a 13 second car. Most road tests from back in the day show times of 13.1 to 13.5 depending upon the driver and track conditions. He tends to make the cars he doesn't care for out to be slugs and the ones he does out to be the fastest things on the street. I know that this Challenger R/T was not out mixing it up with the Detroit street scenes heavy hitters,but a Hemi Challenger R/T was not a car to be taken lightly by people street racing regular muscle cars.
I think it depends entirely on the skill of the driver, and the rear tires involved. I can believe Tony might not be able to get a hemicuda with a stick into the fourteens. On the other hand, I seem to remember a 69/70 mopar ad , where a talented amateur and Ronnie Sox ran a new fourspeed car on the quarter. (I don't recall if it was a sixpack car or a hemi)
Mid to low 13s with Ro McGonagall driving, 13ohs with Sox, with one 12.90 something.
But I will agree, a slightly warmed over hemicuda is NOT a hitter at anybodies heavy hitters street scene. And probably never was.
Edit: still applies, but I mixed up the hemi Cuda and a hemi Challenger. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

Last edited:
The Black Ghost Challenger R/T cannot be compared to cars like the Silver Bullet which was running 10.0s in the quarter, or Steve Lisks Challenger which the Chassis was built by Dick Landy himself to mirror his 1970 Pro Stock Challenger, that was well into the nines.

Auto Transport Service
Back