• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Undercarriage paint

Epoxy prime and Eastwood chassis black satin on my "other" project car. Looks great and resists chips, very durable.

Randy

Epoxy prime and Eastwood chassis black satin on my "other" project car. Looks great and resists chips, very durable.

Randy

Did you have to rough up your epoxy primer coat before the chassis black Randy?

My car was media blasted then immediately put in epoxy primer but it has been a while. I was thinking of using the POR 15 "White Coat" under there as the rest of the car is WW1 white. I thought I would wire brush it at least.

Did you have to rough up your epoxy primer coat before the chassis black Randy?

Yes. I did due to the gap between coats. It just hand scuffed it. Pics attached (sorry, not a Mopar, so look away if you have an issue) The coat is a little dusty in the pic, in real life its pretty satin. IMG_1825.jpg

Yes. I did due to the gap between coats. It just hand scuffed it. Pics attached (sorry, not a Mopar, so look away if you have an issue) The coat is a little dusty in the pic, in real life its pretty satin.View attachment 231818

Thanks.
Hell, that's not dusty. I've seen the Eastwood chassis black and it looks good. I wish I had that option.

The reason I asked is the epoxy primer is fairly hard $hit by it self. Having to scuff up an entire undercarriage of a unibody will be a chore. I figured I would need to but was hoping for a magic response of "no, I didn't scuff it" for some reason.

If that' an OEM silver/gray on you gas tank, I sure would like to know what color that is. My 67 GTX needs some.

I have not used it. I was just going by what the product coverage was. But i'm sorta brain scrambled so I could be very wrong.lol.

No disrespect Ghost but Geeeezuse EFFing Christ!
By your math above you're saying 10 Gallons to do a B-Body. You sure?
What did you do, just pop the lid on a can and throw it at the car?

I just wanted to add POR 15 has MDI in it so you shouldn't spray it unless you have the right protection and a place to spray it.

Auto Transport Service
Back