• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown 68 Charger visited my home

tinman1

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I actually just signed up to ask a question. I don't currently own a b-body.

My wife called me Friday, November 29 to tell me a black 68 Dodge Charger pulled into my driveway and one of the two occupants came to the door. But, my wife isn't going to the door for anyone she doesn't know. They left and drove around the neighborhood. I didn't trust that she knew exactly what she had seen. Saturday morning, I talked to my retired neighbor who seems to know cars and he confirmed the sighting but he thought it was green with black vinyl top.
I can't imagine who it would be. Checked with friends and none have seen any Mopars of that era around here.
My first car, when I turned 16 in 1971, was a 68 Charger R/T so they really catch my eye. But, I don't know of any in the area of Hickory, NC.
Anyone know of a 68 (possibly 69 or 70) Charger in my 28601 area? Thanks

Hi, I actually just signed up to ask a question. I don't currently own a b-body.

My wife called me Friday, November 29 to tell me a black 68 Dodge Charger pulled into my driveway and one of the two occupants came to the door. But, my wife isn't going to the door for anyone she doesn't know. They left and drove around the neighborhood. I didn't trust that she knew exactly what she had seen. Saturday morning, I talked to my retired neighbor who seems to know cars and he confirmed the sighting but he thought it was green with black vinyl top.
I can't imagine who it would be. Checked with friends and none have seen any Mopars of that era around here.
My first car, when I turned 16 in 1971, was a 68 Charger R/T so they really catch my eye. But, I don't know of any in the area of Hickory, NC.
Anyone know of a 68 (possibly 69 or 70) Charger in my 28601 area? Thanks

were they dressed in black looking for a Green Mustang? :D

were they dressed in black looking for a Green Mustang? :D
These guys?

b9b3742396_640.jpg

:)

Funny thing those Chargers....the guy who owned this Charger below a few years ago was an apprentice two years behind me....
87e8960e8890da66601c77f54c4b98d2.jpg

And I bumped into the owner of that Mustang on Wednesday last week at a gas station on the way to work on my A100. Known him for about 20 years. :)

I'm just impressed his wife knew that not only was it a Charger but a 1968 model one!

I cant help you on the car or your area. But I about lost it when I saw your avatar! Your little black and white looks exactly like my Louie I lost almost 4 years ago to illness. He was my best friend. Treasure them there precious.
And welcome! Now go get a mopar!

I wouldn't open the door for those two guys either, they carry a sawed-off 12gauge shot gun,and they let it do the talking for them!

welcome ? to FBBO

that's a 1st, for that kind of request

good luck

maybe it was an old buddy, you hadn't seen in years
wanted to show off his 68 Charger :poke:

IMO nowadays "real crooks" don't drive around
in classic MoPar collector cars, let alone a 68 Charger

And welcome! Now go get a mopar!

I have a raggedy 1973 Dart 340 Sport. Automatic with bucket seats, console, fold down rear seat, and sunroof. Would probably prefer a manual shift but as I have gotten older with arthritis trying to get me, an automatic may be a better choice.

I have a raggedy 1973 Dart 340 Sport. Automatic with bucket seats, console, fold down rear seat, and sunroof. Would probably prefer a manual shift but as I have gotten older with arthritis trying to get me, an automatic may be a better choice.

Nothing wrong with a 73 Dart. Welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site... More than likely if your car was/is visible to others they were probably Mopar guys looking to see if your car was for sale...

Lots of possibilities. Haven't heard or seen anything yet. My wife feels bad that she didn't at least talk to him from an upstairs window. She will be ready if it returns.

Well we are glad to have another mopar guy on the site. And all the talk about dogs on this and several other threads in the past few days sure has me thinking about mine. I sure miss them but it is good to see others that love theirs too. I love remembering mine and the joy they brought. I couldn't show you mine in the PM but I will show you them on your thread.
thumbnail.jpg

Louie is the little one and Maxi is the big kid. As you can see Maxi had a large tumor on his side (one of several). It was cancer. We rescued him. His master died and the family didn't want him. They were going to have him put to sleep. My wife talked to the vet and he said the dog was not yet in pain and had a good two plus years of good life left in him. We took him in and he was the best dog ever. Just an amazing friend. Sorry if this bores the readers but just remembering here. Then we didn't know how he would react to little kids. He was living with a bachelor. And our small grand daughter came to visit. And this happened.
20170520_113539.jpg

Ok I am done now lol. Sorry but the past few days I have seen you guys post with your dogs just stirred memories. And I thank you all for that.

I'd say it's time to get that old car back and Let The Horses Run!!

Auto Transport Service
Back