• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

unknown e body part

steve maluk

Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
hello mopar guyes
i know i am on the b body forum but i also have a 73 challenger i need some help i took a lot of pics as i tore the car apart but missed this part i just cant remember what part this is and where it goes
can anybody help

e body 73 challenger
thanks
sjm

DSCF5215.JPG

DSCF5217.JPG

Broken motor mount bracket by the way it looks.....the 'two legged' part bolts to the engine and usually that part isn't welded to anything as the biscuit bolts to it. I've worked on a lot of E cars and never seen that setup before.

Broken motor mount bracket by the way it looks.....the 'two legged' part bolts to the engine and usually that part isn't welded to anything as the biscuit bolts to it. I've worked on a lot of E cars and never seen that setup before.

Looks like the curved part is torn also.

thanks what a relief had no clue thanks again
one more thing how do i go about the donate to the forum you members are great
thanks'

Small block engine mount to block bracket. Later models had a heat shield which is what the bell part is

Like said above that started in ‘73 on e-bodies and is a factory shielded bracket… it’s crude but cut that way to get to the bolt or nut depending on orientation…

I remember seeing something like that way back but don't remember it being welded to the engine bracket.....but only saw one once and that's been awhile ago. Had a 73 Challenger that my X drove but never worked on it in that area.

Auto Transport Service
Back