• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unknown part name inner fender support

68 Sport Satellite

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know what this is called and if someone like AMD makes re-pops? I tried calling AMD a dozen times today and kept getting a busy signal. Here is a photo of the broken driver side and the still intact passenger side. This view is looking up under the fender while the car is on a lift.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Or should I just get something fab'd? Was thinking about welding it but it looks pretty weak. Has anyone else ever seen this happen? Do I even need this support at all??

Yep, thanks Dennis, just like my FBBO name, it's a '68 Sport Satellite. Anyone know what this is called? Anyone else have theirs break? Do I need it or can I continue to run my car without one on the driver side? I actually just folded both ends up into the top of the fender so it won't rub the tire.

Looks like a fender support of some kind. Probably meant to keep fenderwell rigid so it doesn't flex, crack paint...etc, a stiffener at the top of cutout for wheel opening. I would say you need it and bet it could be cleaned and welded up very easily.

Auto Transport Service
Back