• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unrestored car **** engine compartment detail shots

Meep-Meep

дворянин
Local time
6:23 AM
Reaction score
I took some shots of a friends low mile 68 Coronet R/T 4 spd car. It's not in perfect condition but it's never been apart and I thought it might have some good info for someone.

Picture 053.jpg

Picture 054.jpg

Picture 055.jpg

Picture 056.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

Check out the grain on the rally steering wheel (drool!).

The yellow car is an A12 RR with original paint. Also drool!

Picture 058.jpg

Picture 059.jpg

Picture 060.jpg

Picture 061.jpg

Picture 062.jpg

Good info.

thanks meep meep!

for posting nice clear images of the engine /wiring.
regards , ;o)

Last edited:
I agree that looks a bit fishy. I know the 68 is original but the A12 may have been messed with a bit. If I remember I'll ask about it next time I see him.

Anyone know what that wire is coming out above the bulkhead on the A12 car? If it's a tach wire that would be the first time I've seen it in that location.

My guess is it's a tach wire, but that's not where I'm used to seeing them on a Bee

Great. Another post I'll need a year from now and not remember where I saw it. :sFun_doh2:

Great. Another post I'll need a year from now and not remember where I saw it. :sFun_doh2:

Uhhh, go to File--> Save page as --> single page document.

That way you have it forever!!

Randy

Also on the A12 picture the accelerator cable clamp and nut/washer should be same color as the bracket, Orange on orange motors.

I like the original paint runs in the first picture that show what the quality of paint was back in the day. You don't see this on the current "restorations" which tells you how much people REALLY pay attention to detail. My thoughts are if you are calling it a restoration it should NOT have the wet look base coat/clear coat paint jobs we see today. JMHO.

Everybody take note on the "Black" core support,the factory did that for a reason,you're NOT supposed to see body color through the grille (the darker colors like black or B7 blue,not soo much) but on the brighter colors it's a MUST do.

When people restore their cars it's the most overlooked detail, it looks unfinished,
it really takes away from the grille/front of the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back