• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper Ball Joints

Stumper

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been searching and reading old threads but I’m still confused…. What size socket is needed for the upper ball joint on my 62 Fury? The TM says tool C-3560, which when I search for it I’m thinking it’s a 1 59/64”. I’ve seen posts saying 1 7/8”.

Also, can the upper joint be removed without messing with the lower? I’m thinking there should be enough travel in the A arms?

Last edited:
1 59/64 is correct.
No need to touch the lowers.

Kind of a special shape. I'm not sure if you can rent one from a parts house or not. I made my own years ago for a '74. Don't know if they were the same in '62.

Summit has the 1 59/64"
sxt-10213.jpg

Sunex 10213 Sunex Tools Ball Joint Sockets | Summit Racing

Last edited:
I’ve seen them online from $20 on Amazon to $120 at Advance. Wanted to make sure I get the correct size. Actually I’m hoping the Advance store in the next town has a rental kit so I can get at them tomorrow. If not I’ll order one..

I think there might be three sizes, A,B and C Body. Rented a socket set from Advance so hopefully I’ll get these changed tomorrow. Soaking the joints tonight with penetrating oil..

A&B should be the same as I have used the smaller one on My 73 Duster and the 68 R/R. Picked them both up at a swap meet because why not?

Auto Transport Service
Back