• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upper roof bows (structural)

brad426

Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anyplace that sells the inner roof structure bows that support the roof skin? Not the small ones for the headliner but the ones that the dome light attaches to that you put the panel bonding adhesive on when replacing roof skin. The only thing i can find is the Upper Rear Roof Bow Repops but cannot for the life of me find the other two. This is for a 1970 Charger that i am replacing the roof skin on. Any help would be appreciated.

see if you can find a cut off roof assembly.i have never seen them available any other way.

Not sure if it'll but I have one in a 67 Coronet that I'm about to cut the roof off of. Take a measurement from yours and I'll check it....that is if you don't get the one from Moparparts.

Thanks Moparparts, I seen the post of that roof assembly you had for sale but couldnt justify buying the whole thing just for the one bow ya know. But yeah, if i cant find one in the near future then i'll let you know and see if you would be willing to sell just that bow off yours. Thanks man i appreciate it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Cranky, I'll check the measurement and let you know.

I should be taking the roof off today but I'll be close to my laptop that's out in my shop and will check in from time to time or I can PM you my email address....

Hey Cranky the measurements from side to side is 45". I tried uploading a few pics of my labor of love when she came home and got in the garage where she will be for AWHILE, but not sure if it will work as this was my first post here, although i have been following this site since i acquired my baby and love this site because of how helpful and friendly everyone is here, GREAT site, and again, thanks for the quick reply guys! My project is slow going due to work and time constraints but i will post pics from time to time of the progression.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah shes rough and gonna require new roof skin, front full floor pan, rear footwell area, trunk pan, deck filler panel, lower plenum, rear frame rails ugh!, tailpanel crossmember, and probably gonna go with a new fiberglass hood, and of course a few patches here and there. I know its a lot but its my dream car and just couldnt see it go to a crusher!

Attachments

• charger pics (1).jpg
    charger pics (1).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 199
  • charger pics (2).jpg
    charger pics (2).jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 188
  • charger pics (3).jpg
    charger pics (3).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 186
  • charger pics (4).jpg
    charger pics (4).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 178
  • charger pics (5).jpg
    charger pics (5).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 163
  • charger pics (6).jpg
    charger pics (6).jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Brads Phone Pics 9-22-2012 031.jpg
    Brads Phone Pics 9-22-2012 031.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Brads Phone Pics 9-22-2012 032.jpg
    Brads Phone Pics 9-22-2012 032.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 147
  • Brads Phone Pics 9-22-2012 033.jpg
    Brads Phone Pics 9-22-2012 033.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Brads Phone Pics 9-22-2012 034.jpg
    Brads Phone Pics 9-22-2012 034.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 146
Welcome to the site. Boy - I thought my project was going to be a challange, but I think you have me beat. Be sure to start a resto thread and post plenty of pictures. I ended up with some 70 Charger small parts that you might need. I'll dig around and see what is left. What color combo are you going with?

I'm thinking black ext. and maybe a grey/blue int. but the interior is still up in the air. But black is a definite for the exterior. Thanks for the welcoming! I'm focusing on the bodywork for now as it will be quite extensive and unfortunately take awhile due to my schedule, but yeah pics here and there throughout the process will be posted.

- - - Updated - - -

I just need to get the roof skin back on before i pull the first frame rail for replacement for structural integrity. right now i have it up on jackstands at the designated load bearing locations and both doors open and shut fine, but i want that roof skin back on since the floorpan and trunkpan is completely out. Im going to replace the rear framerails after the roof then she goes on the rotisserie:) of course in due time.

Just received the Roof Bow from MoparParts, The bow looked real good! Thanks for everything MP!

Auto Transport Service
Back