• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using audio jack to connect Ipod

91782F6C-8859-491D-A67D-3F7BBE52238C.png

Plug one of these into the 3.5mm jack and you’ll never have to connect your smart phone with a plug again. Use Bluetooth!

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-B...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7T1MZRPPEWSSDKR3B731

From China ... if you're lucky they'll show up by summer ! Around here I find that stuff in surplus stores.

actually it takes around a month to get it delivered to Venezuela... ( when the local postal service WORKS, but not China postal service fault ). When I have stuff storaged in Miami to be sent to Venezuela I use to preffer ship to Miami than straight to Vzla... trusting better on China Post and USPS association, then my private courier service takes care of that to deliver to me. When I use that way, it takes around 15 days to get it delivered to Miami.

Anyway I think that jack should be available on Radio Shack or similar stores

1: My electrical background is limited so i did what i can...

2: Use what i had in hand, double-pole, double-throw switch would have been nice. 30 amps relays were the only relays i had so...

3: Always open minded so positive posts are welcome.

4: The others posts, well, it's why i don't like to post here...

5: Now, i need to find "normalized 1/8" jack"

I hope you didn't get offended by my post. I was just wondering and posting what I made what I think is easier and cleaner :) Not saying you made it wrong :), just didn't get initially the relays use... we can allways ask. Normally somebody has some clues or usefull ideas :thumbsup: that can be helpfull for lot of ppl

[QUOTE="Nacho-RT74,

Anyway I think that jack should be available on Radio Shack or similar stores

I hope you didn't get offended by my post. I was just wondering and posting what I made what I think is easier and cleaner :) Not saying you made it wrong :), just didn't get initially the relays use... we can allways ask. Normally somebody has some clues or usefull ideas :thumbsup: that can be helpfull for lot of ppl[/QUOTE]

I live in a Rural area, so no Radio Shack or surplus store. But, it's great for snowmobiling.

No, i was not offended by your post. It show me an simplier way to go. Thanks

would need to figure out how to mount the non nut jack. Maybe can be attached to a backelite/plastic bracket, opening holes to the prongs and weld

You guys are onto what I was getting at in my earlier posts. I didn't think either a switch or relays were needed with the radio having that input connector. I didn't know it was a DIN connector but nevertheless ...

Actually somekind of switch or selector is needed to set the Radio signal or the external signal to feed the amplifier. When the cassette player is present, it gets a round selector to set the Radio or Cassette function what will source the amplifier section built into the Radio unit.

When there is not a Cassette player, the Male din plug on pigtail gets a female cap plug what it gets jumpers between the radio out signal ( which would feed the selector knob ) and the amplifier input to keep linked the Radio signal like the pigtail was unexistant and feeded internally

Last edited:
Done, work as a charm. No more relays. Use a leftover defogger switch bracket to hold audio jack. Thanks Nacho-RT74 for your suggestions.

IMG_2462.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

IMG_2465.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back