• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Using Side Marker Light as secondary Turn signal indicator

Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
I have been working on my headlight wiring the past couple of days with the Painless wiring harness, Specifically the park/turn signal lights. in the first picture below the two terminal T connector has the wires for the parking lights (black with yellow stripe) and tan for the turn signal wire. one of the two black wires is routed to the side marker light as depicted in the American Autowire document for 71-74 b-bodies on page 20. The painless wiring harness also has a secondary turn signal wire for the hood indicator, when I had body work done on my Charger before paint we had them fill the holes for the fender turn signal indicators. My question is has anyone used the OEM side marker lights as a secondary turn signal indicator? I still have the assemblies that twist into the side marker housing from the original wiring harness and was wondering if the original is capable of handling the additional connection to be used as a turn signal indicator. (sorry for pdfs instead of JPEG the original photos I took were too big to upload for some reason)

Attachments

• Pic 1.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 94
  • pic 2.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 81
  • pic 3.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 78
  • pic 4.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
Im pretty sure you will need a dual filament socket and bulb to get that to work with still having a marker light functional.

There is a way to do this easily, i had a schematic for this, i will look for it tomorrow and if i can locate it i will post it.

Here you go

20180729_152605.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back