• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS LOST MY SURE GRIP

Cass (aka Doctor Diff) shipped my SG center section to me in a wooden box. I had a bent axle housing I shipped to him and he straightened and returned in a wooden box. Expensive but not damaged.

Well here is an update.. I sent a message to the seller asking for a refund. He then side stepped reassuring me that he sent it out and boxed correctly. And suggested that I hash it out with USPS. WTF was I going to do other than file a missing mail report. Which I did and included pictures and numbers off the suregrip. Anyhow Ebay got involved and issued me a full refund. I guess if it ever shows up I will contact him and send him the money via paypal. But He basically told me I was going to have to wait on the USPS to figure it out.

Guy that won't step up and make it right. Does ebay go after him for the money?

Well so to speak, yes.. The refunded me all of my money. So yep now he is out a suregrip and the cash.

Well so to speak, yes.. The refunded me all of my money. So yep now he is out a suregrip and the cash.
IF he actually sent it. And if it was insured, he will recoup after about 6 months.

Whenever I get something heavy shipped, I ask the sender to tape the snot out of it with regular shipping tape and use that reinforced tape too and make several rounds with it. The reinforced tape will at least reduce the exits points a good deal. I do the same thing and would like the same treatment. Most do not realize what this stuff goes through in the process....

Glad you got your money back. Sorry you had to go through all that hassle and still need a SG, though.

Glad you got your money back. Sorry you had to go through all that hassle and still need a SG, though.
The price was good probably wouldn't have installed it until I bought a 489 case and everything else.

Filed a claim with USPS last week for my missing parts....They sent me a nice email stating they are looking into it.
Everyone in my thread blamed the shipper but it was definitely USPS fault, carelessness. I've got pics of how it was packaged and it was adequate for what it was...

Took pics of a few things but they were usually something big and heavy. Last item like that was a Jerico 4 speed but think I'm going to start taking a pic of everything I ship.....

Took pics of a few things but they were usually something big and heavy. Last item like that was a Jerico 4 speed but think I'm going to start taking a pic of everything I ship.....
As soon as I have the lable on the box I take a pic, including the lable. Same thing when I receive a package, whether it's damaged or not. Then when opening it I take pics of the packing job. If I find damage, I have a case. Trial and error I guess.

Last package I received and the box looked ok on the outside. Vendor sent me another one.
20171207_120850.jpg
20171207_120915.jpg
20171207_121319.jpg

He did tell me they boxed it up at the USPS for him.. I guess that could be the issue.

My thought was he shipped with UPS Surepost or FedEx Smartpost, where there will actually be two tracking numbers, a USPS and either a UPS or FedEx. You won't see any USPS movement until the package is transferred to the Post Office.

Now, I'm not familiar that the actual Post Office will package an item for a customer which makes me think it was a third party shipping retailer that packaged the item and perhaps shipped it via Surepost or Smart post.

Keep us posted.

Auto Transport Service
Back