• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS Short Staffed???

On the one hand, they just suck because they treat their employees like concentration camp prisoners.
However, I was on a trip to get car parts in another state, long drive and realized my cell phone that I thought was fully charged was not. It is usually plugged in to the charger in the car and somehow the cable had been disconnected so when I took it from the car to the truck, it was dead and I didn't find out until I was on the road. It was after 9pm so the only thing open was...Wal Damn Mart. I was lucky, they had what I needed or it would have been a pain in the ***.

Here in the Reno area of Nevada, I am quasi rural and unincorporated to Reno proper. So far, mu mail is for the most part arriving routinely. Daily I get a USPS delivery update of what mail and packages are scheduled for that day. Know first thing in the morning when checking my emails. I pay 90% of my bills through automatic payments so no bills in the mail and the few I write checks for amount from 2 - 4 on average a month. Manage my accounts basically all online which I actually find a far more accurate way as opposed to writing a check all the time. Keep it simple is my objective. The USPS used to be more highly regarded as employment but now days, it is just a bureaucratic entity so getting any satisfaction out it it is non existent. They are also a Union run concern, that promises a Golden Parachute in retirement and are nothing more that over paid Gov't workers...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

This problem is EVERYWHERE! The shipping containers floating outside our harbors is not USPS fault? The economy is poised to ramp up. But distribution can't keep up. It's having a pandemic lag. Some due to many taking retirement options. This problem of our aging workforce has been pointed as a potential bottleneck far before any Covid announcements. And post pandemic demands has aspirated this shortfall. USPS? They are just one of many symptoms. The fastest fix? For lack of a better description? Management needs to share more profit with labor. Make labor more appealing. This has been needed for decades. Well now labor is holding the demand. And time for corporate to pay up. Business will not until they get kicked in the money sack. We'll they are taking shots now!

Why did she quit?

Not sure 100% because she just stopped coming one day, but she was having some back problems as a result of delivering mail in a left-hand drive car while driving it from the center of the seat straddling the hump. Left foot operating the pedals, steering with her left hand, twisting to the back of the car to grab mail and then dropping mail to the right. No seatbelt or back rest of course. Her right hand drive car was non-op and I could not afford to get it fixed or convert her current ride.

She also was also getting older so it may have just been retirement time, .... and finally.... she said it was getting a lot more difficult to do her route due to PO changes, short staffing, and continually be asked to do more with less and with no end in sight.

My best guess is that is was a combination of all these factors. She was a hard worker, it was evident that she cared about our mail delivery, and a pleasant person that is sorely missed.

They had no problems delivering **** in Sept. Oct., to Nov. 3rd 2020
& a week beyond that at min., still were delivering ballots after that even

seems it's elective/selective timing
wants more fed. union labor pool

seems it's elective/selective timing

I, for one, am glad to get the accurate news from Covid John, aka Commie John, aka Clown John and his never ending pursuit of unicorn farts. Oh, yeah, meant to add CLUELESS John.
Taking the shots? Ok, tell that to the SW pilots union that just filed suit against the company for mandating the shot. Liberty Counsel is handling the case. Tell that to the thousands of health care workers who are willing to lose their job rather than take this clot shot, some of whom are within a few years of getting their pension and are going to lose it. How about the Chicago police who have said they aren't going along with this mandated pile of crap and have also filed a law suit against that idiot mayor.

But isn't it strange that if this shot is so wonderful Congress has exempted themselves from having to take it. Beyond being dangerous without this phony pandemic, now aren't they creating a threat to the nations health?

A week ago over 500 American Airline employees were going to get fired for refusing to be lab rats. I believe AA has changed their minds because they are allowing Religious Freedom Exemptions no problem.

Didn't I read the Southwest CEO reacinded the jab mandate?

As for sharing profit with the employees, USPS can't do that. They make no profit.

On the one hand, they just suck because they treat their employees like concentration camp prisoners.
However, I was on a trip to get car parts in another state, long drive and realized my cell phone that I thought was fully charged was not. It is usually plugged in to the charger in the car and somehow the cable had been disconnected so when I took it from the car to the truck, it was dead and I didn't find out until I was on the road. It was after 9pm so the only thing open was...Wal Damn Mart. I was lucky, they had what I needed or it would have been a pain in the ***.

Well don't go there if you're unsatisfied. Seems like they came through for you when they needed to.

it will be the new normal just before november elections........ so the mail in ballots can be fucked with

Well don't go there if you're unsatisfied. Seems like they came through for you when they needed to.

What else is there? They've made it impossible for other businesses to stay open especially with this phony pandemic. Why were they allowed to stay open but others had to close? Are you a Wal Mart employee/management?
Yeah, they came through but that doesn't mean I approve of their business practices. Making employees wear masks is only about getting $$$ from the state/fed.

Didn't I read the Southwest CEO reacinded the jab mandate?

Must be pretty recent because I just saw a report on Oct 12 that AA and other airlines still have a deadline or lose their jobs. Chicago cops won't be going to work tomorrow.

I'm sure not a Wal Mart employee. But I do go there. The employees sure seem pretty happy. The whole mask thing makes me sick though. Not a Fauci fan. Masks are for those of us that try to follow rules, but I'm not a believer.
If a person is unhappy with Wal Mart they don't need to work there, just stay on the Gov dole.

Masks are for those of us that try to follow rules

Rules? What's next? All it's about is fear mongering and keeping the emergency going so the state AND Wal Mart can keep getting $$$. I know, I heard if from a legislator. How's that working in Australia? Apparently you don't understand the First Amendment.

If a person is unhappy with Wal Mart they don't need to work there, just stay on the Gov dole.

That's a copout for lousy management. The people at the local Wal Mart are very nice people, I've known them for years. They deserve better than what they are getting. Others, new hires, AREN'T working there because management sucks.

I agree that the mask rules are fear mongering for political power. Don't think much of the retail area is benefiting. If management sucks people don't need to work there.
As a manager for a Gov agency for 35 years I know how employees tend to be unhappy with managers, but they stay. I was very unhappy with a couple of my managers, but I stayed.

As a manager for a Gov agency for 35 years

THAT explains it, I had a feeling that's where you were coming from. Public Service Employee benefits are like hitting the lottery while idiots like Rand Paul keep telling We the People SS is going broke. My mother worked for the VA and she told me about the losers she was working for. Luckily she finally got out! My pastors son USED to work for the VA and recently resigned because of the mandate.
Of course many stay, they couldn't possibly make the kind of money in the private sector as they do working for the govt. My sister is dumb as a rock and works for the govt making six figures. Local govt couldn't get a job as a Wal Mart greeter but they get paid far more than they are worth from the taxpayer. Of course you stayed. No matter how bad the economy is especially at the hands of govt., govt employees still get paid like 2020 when millions of private sector employees were losing their businesses and jobs.

OK, I was in an industry that most folks didn't really want to be in, sewer workers. I went in more sewers than most of my employees so I knew what they were doing. I did stay. I also went 4 years without a raise when my employees got their union raises. That's how it goes. I never held that against them, they deserved what they got.

I got a notice from post office that starting October 1st mail will be slower than normal and also my po box cost increased 50 dollars for the year!

Auto Transport Service
Back