• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valley Pan ?

TOMRR

Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
I will be installing my 6BBL on to my 69 RR 440 . Will be installing new valley pan and was wondering if I should use a Valley Pan with open or closed heat cross overs ?

Thanks Tom C.

i use the closed and drill 1/2"-5/8" holes in the crossover area. this reduces the heat some but does let some heat in for smoother start ups in cooler weather. using an open heat crossover passage is too hot for today's gas.

I've run my charger the day after Christmas the last two years. No snow had hit the ground and good roads. Cooler temps for sure. I have crossovers blocked on valley pan. No issues at all. But, I should mention I haven't run it much in those temps. So I really don't have a good study..

As was said the factory choke may not fully pull off without the heated gasket. I'd just run the open one. You will not feel a loss when it's hot, and you won't feel any problems if the weather and engine are cold.

Auto Transport Service
Back