• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valuation for 66 “g code” 4spd?

JSedacca

Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I’m looking at a 66 Charger “g code” with the factory 383 and 4spd. The exterior is all original and still wears the dark green paint. There is no rust/rot in the lower quarters and just a small amount of rust in the floor pans. The seller has advised his friend has put a breaker bar on the crank and it appeared to be locked up. What would you guys say is a fair asking/selling price for this car? I’m interested and have unfrozen motors before with good success but am new to the MOPAR scene so am looking for some collective wisdom and input. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jared

Too subjective without seeing it. To me a couple grand ($2,000) max if it was truly rust free save a small bit on the floor and the rest was descent, but I’d even have to think long and hard at that.

Evaluations are difficult to do when good pictures are not present. Even at that. With out seeing in person and being able to go through the whole car , its just a rough guess.

Thanks guys. It is local so I do plan on checking it out in person. I’ve attached some pictures as well.
0FF737C9-2C4D-4D9B-979D-6C950774CB04.png

00572A60-F9DC-4991-BF2A-9808B7B0421B.png

44437BA4-A6AF-4137-950F-961FA97F3B1B.png

EE4DF35C-ABCE-4463-AFF5-CF8B683B8654.png

4792B0C6-8916-42B7-BA27-6EC7A247F0F2.png

I think estimation of $2000 is way too low. The car appears to be fairly complete. If the interior parts are all there ,and tail lights complete, that would be a plus. As long as the car is not a coastal salt air mess, I would think $6-8000. would be right. Seized motor is no big deal; would be a good excuse to slip a 440 in there. Already has 4-speed and pedals and stuff. Up here in Canada, $2000 gets you a rough parts car.

I gave 20 for my 66 383 auto. Last paint job in 67. I didn't want to deal with rust issues as some body parts for these are hard to come by.

Mine was a driver. Not top notch but still very drivable. Interior not needed as it is rip free original and no issues.

The green one beings a 4 spd. 7500 maybe a little more. Keep in mind, motor rebuild. Maybe tranny freshening up. Go through all the other required areas. Maybe interior.

I haven't owned a 66-67 Charger but I like them. I'm curious if the OP should expect problems with the headlight door system or gauge lighting?

body and interior condition are everything...... looks like a good chance to get into a solid Mopar project for a good price......... a rust free, complete car puts you 15-25K ahead of the game

Last edited:
I find the less work on these makes it more enjoyable . There not the most sought after car and not to everyones liking But they still have a spot in Mopars history. Clever idea in the day. The more I look in ads. The more I find that were tucked away. Some not so lucky to stay preserved.

Yes I think there's more of these cars left, because owners, and the next owners knew they were unique and special. Quite a few pop up.

Thanks guys. It is local so I do plan on checking it out in person. I’ve attached some pictures as well. View attachment 1334474

View attachment 1334475

View attachment 1334476

View attachment 1334477

View attachment 1334478
Bring money when you look at the car. Have a friend with a trailer waiting somewhere in the area. Take the Charger home immediately upon purchase.

Does the seller have a title for the car in his name?

Value? What's it worth to you?

I like what I see. Looks like a $10k car to me.

I have always thought that any Chrysler 4-speed car is a treasure since there were proportionately less of them built versus GM or Ford because of Chrysler's superior Torqueflight.

I find the less work on these makes it more enjoyable . There not the most sought after car and not to everyones liking But they still have a spot in Mopars history. Clever idea in the day. The more I look in ads. The more I find that were tucked away. Some not so lucky to stay preserved.
Now that '68-'70 B-bodies are going for astronomical $$$ (Charger especially), these are going to be the next best thing. Just as our '66-'67 Coronets and Belvederes are climbing in value.

Now that '68-'70 B-bodies are going for astronomical $$$ (Charger especially), these are going to be the next best thing. Just as our '66-'67 Coronets and Belvederes are climbing in value.

my only argument with that is that the pool of interested people shrinks every day, at some point we will have seen peak prices for everything simply because the interested group isn't getting any younger

very few cars in this hobby are financially above water anyway, I say buy it if it's solid and don't worry too much about how much it's worth..... it's for fun, not for an investment

383 4bbl 4 sp Charger with no rust and complete is a $15-20k car all day long. The seized engine makes it a little bit of toss up. Deduct $2500. That’s a ‘fair price’.

Also, there’s plenty of 20 something’s at the car shows and swap meets around here. I couldn’t afford anything good until I was about 35. I think that was true for a lot of us.

I gave 20 for my 66 383 auto. Last paint job in 67. I didn't want to deal with rust issues as some body parts for these are hard to come by.

Mine was a driver. Not top notch but still very drivable. Interior not needed as it is rip free original and no issues.

The green one beings a 4 spd. 7500 maybe a little more. Keep in mind, motor rebuild. Maybe tranny freshening up. Go through all the other required areas. Maybe interior.
Are you talking our $, and when did you buy it?. There was a very tough B.C car that came here about 3 years ago. Went back to B.C for around 5000.00 Can.
Would really like to see more pictures of that car. Is it original paint for example.
Stuck motor, we have had cases where mice carried grain through the exhaust system and filled a piston. Result stuck engine. My thoughts.

Auto Transport Service
Back