• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valuation for 66 “g code” 4spd?

Are you talking our $, and when did you buy it?. There was a very tough B.C car that came here about 3 years ago. Went back to B.C for around 5000.00 Can.
Would really like to see more pictures of that car. Is it original paint for example.
Stuck motor, we have had cases where mice carried grain through the exhaust system and filled a piston. Result stuck engine. My thoughts.

I bought it 7 years ago. 62000 mile car. 1 owner car.
I know it wasnt messed with. Except for 1 relay for the headlights. I have all receipts since day 1

F1D1FB7B-4BB7-4ED2-A29C-0A37251290FF.jpeg

To me, a locked up motor is almost meaningless, especially if we are talking about a truly rust free car.....and that's all the accountant or bean counter in me talking.

Chemicals, time, and patience will solve the locked up motor.
:D

Bake it in an oven for a few days too.
:D

I'm partial to a green 66 Charger since I have one.
Not the best pictures but it looks complete and in very good condition.
As far as the stuck motor: it is a standard and likely in reverse. (did the guy press in the clutch???)

As far as value again it's worth what you think.

I tend to agree with the thinking of 15K minus 2,500 so $12,500.
But we really don't know the condition of the interior or what it looks like under the hood.

Thank you all for the responses and input. The interior is complete (front seats need recovering) and the engine bay is complete as well. I’m going to look at the car on Wednesday and will bring some tools to check things over. I’ll keep everyone posted.

Jared

Feels like 10k to me……….offer 2k and the owner will kick u off his property and not let u buy the car lol

Greetings everyone. I’m looking at a 66 Charger “g code” with the factory 383 and 4spd. The exterior is all original and still wears the dark green paint. There is no rust/rot in the lower quarters and just a small amount of rust in the floor pans. The seller has advised his friend has put a breaker bar on the crank and it appeared to be locked up. What would you guys say is a fair asking/selling price for this car? I’m interested and have unfrozen motors before with good success but am new to the MOPAR scene so am looking for some collective wisdom and input. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jared
I have a 66 383/4-spd charger and relatively speaking it was probably not in as good a shape when I bought it several years ago for around $10K (great paint, but lots of hidden cancer). all of the issues mentioned here regarding headlight motors/relays, luminescent dash lights, etc can be fixed. I had same issues. Trim is a problem as there are very few repops for 66/67 chargers. If the top fender trim front to back are in good shape dent wise, that s great thing. I would buy this all day if it is close to the pictures for $8-10K

Got in an hour ago after checking it out in person. The exterior is extremely solid and complete. It rolls with ease but brakes are non-existent (to be expected). I popped the valve covers off and the cyl heads were quite crusty with rust. Didn’t even bother pulling a plug and checking with my bore scope since the engine will need a complete overhaul. Talking with the seller and working on a price.

I was able to confirm it is a true one owner car with NJ title and the original certi-card. Hope to add it to my garage shortly

I have a 66 charger which was originally from the Jersey area, surprisingly very little rust. If the interior is all there and restorable….big plus. A lot of one off stuff there.
10k range sounds about right to me. But with the prices now , who knows?

Just an update but I have secured the deal and have sent a deposit. I’ll pick the car up in the next week or so. Really appreciate all the insight

Are you going to give us an idea of what a car like this is worth? Or at least what the sellers asking price was?

The coolest part of the car for me is the dealer badge still on the rear deck lid. I was born and raised in Cherry Hill, NJ. The Cherry Hill Dodge dealer still exists on Rt. 70 and appears the original owner lived in Mizpah, NJ (Atlantic County) based on the certi-card and title.
B28A6D77-1735-4BFF-9C6A-6EFBD01A3B5C.png

The Charger has been sitting in my friends pole barn as mine is completed/overhead doors installed. I’ll start a new thread once we are moved into the new house and I begin work on the Charger. In the mean time, here is a better picture when I unloaded it.

Jared

0EC5C82F-0B95-40C7-A039-221A6FEA86A2.jpeg

C6F501CC-74E2-40C0-8F34-A83597DBA894.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back