• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valuation for 66 “g code” 4spd?

The Charger has been sitting in my friends pole barn as mine is completed/overhead doors installed. I’ll start a new thread once we are moved into the new house and I begin work on the Charger. In the mean time, here is a better picture when I unloaded it.

Jared

View attachment 1384579

View attachment 1384581
I think you are going to be pretty happy at that price!!

My first car was a 1966 383 Charger with a 4 speed. They aren't the fastest in the Dodge line up, but they are impressive and fun. My advice: keep the one owner car original. At car shows, it's nice to see examples that are day one original. Forget the 440, a fresh 383 is a strong runner. If you have to, get a 438 stroker kit... or shine this one while looking for an emm code 440 car.

Just noticed your wheel discs. Do you have the spinner discs?
Hello. Yes. 2 spinner sets. One set was in the trunk. Another nos set in there boxes. And the set on the car. They all came with the car.

My first car was a 1966 383 Charger with a 4 speed. They aren't the fastest in the Dodge line up, but they are impressive and fun. My advice: keep the one owner car original. At car shows, it's nice to see examples that are day one original. Forget the 440, a fresh 383 is a strong runner. If you have to, get a 438 stroker kit... or shine this one while looking for an emm code 440 car.
you are absolutely correct! My buddy has a 70 RR and he stroked his 383. It runs like a scalded dog!!!

That is exactly my plan. I love original/survivor like cars. The plan is to do a mechanical restoration and if needed, I’ll do a stroker on the 383. No plans to swap in another engine especially on something so original.

That is exactly my plan. I love original/survivor like cars. The plan is to do a mechanical restoration and if needed, I’ll do a stroker on the 383. No plans to swap in another engine especially on something so original.
I’m excited for you!

It’s hard to describe, but there is something special about 383 paired with a 4 speed. It’s the short stroke/long rod and its ability to rev that makes it truly a different experience than a 3.75” stroke motor. It will be down a little on power with everything else equal, but still worth considering, IMO.

Have fun with it

Yup- just a wheezy ol 383 here !

263E40EC-2E97-4B6C-A90C-6816182357E2.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back