• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valuation Ideas On 69 Chargers In The Last 5 Years??

poopdeckpappy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
Wondering what some of your opinions are about your personal perspectives on valuation increases on 69 Chargers percentage wise. No pictures, or models and differences. Just your idea in general of the percentage increases. Thanks

1674921008284.jpeg

68-69 Chargers have gone INSANE and 70's are close behind. I feel like the 68-69 are both the new 70 cuda just a personal decision on the grille and tail lights and the 70 is the poor mans 68-69 Charger but close behind. And when I say poor mans its more like working mans because they aren't really cheap either. I am thankful that my buddies wife and kids wanted their fathers/husbands car treated well and taken care of and not flipped. They sold me his car for a steal and I would never be able to touch a 68 4 speed car without that deal happening.

I think prices of everything “cool” have skyrocketed to the point that young kids can’t get the “cool” cars and are casted out of the car hobby, so older guys can say “kids aren’t into cars.”

I always thought 68-69 chargers were the cream of the crop. I was attracted to the body and looks. At 30k for a project car with eathier a decent body no motor or running and rusted beyond repair its insane. Lately I find them less attractive and am quite content with my 68 satellite gtx clone. I often wonder if money was taken out of the equation and movies and TV shows never portrayed the 2nd gen charges as they did would I then pick the same b body as my favorite. Would I pick a 68 plymouth over a 68 charger?

I always thought 68-69 chargers were the cream of the crop. I was attracted to the body and looks. At 30k for a project car with eathier a decent body no motor or running and rusted beyond repair its insane. Lately I find them less attractive and am quite content with my 68 satellite gtx clone. I often wonder if money was taken out of the equation and movies and TV shows never portrayed the 2nd gen charges as they did would I then pick the same b body as my favorite. Would I pick a 68 plymouth over a 68 charger?
I think movies/tv was only part of the equation. Some production numbers found in a quick search, hopefully close to being accurate. Side note, I like 66-67 Chargers as well.
1966--37,300
1967--15,788
1968--96,000

Guess I am more happy that the prices are steady going up than if they were steady going down
Second gen Chargers seem to be at the top of the pile for now
Just not sure why all the complainers think they should be entitled to one if they can not afford it
Buy something else and work on it to make it worth more and sell it and keep moving up till you can start on a Charger

I think the
Fast & Furious
Film series REALLY pushed the prices up on the chargers. Ive owned 3 and this 4th one I bought cost more then all 3 put together.

20220914_174610.jpg

And here I like the 70's over 68 and 69's. Much more cooler options, high impact colors, nicer high back seats and patterns. Electric head light doors. I have owned more 70's than 68's and 69's also. I have two currently. The red one since I was a teenager high school 32+ years and another project Charger.

IMG9517661.jpg

20200919_150659.jpg

When I found my 68 charger in 2010 I felt like I over paid, but it was a 4sd, R/t, and about 2 hrs drive away. So I bought it. I'm so glad I bought it since I would not be able to afford one now.... It's insane how much one of those goes for now. Need a time machine and a big bag of money to go back 15 years and buy up as many as I can :D

I think prices of everything “cool” have skyrocketed to the point that young kids can’t get the “cool” cars and are casted out of the car hobby, so older guys can say “kids aren’t into cars.”
Back in the day when I couldn't afford either, I preferred the GTX over the Charger. Then in the 1970s they both fell out of favor, and I was able to afford my first GTX. The pendulum will probably swing back in your favor within your lifetime - your financial status will improve, and the cars will become cheaper. If you are into GTXs, you have a significant market advantage over the Charger guys. The Chargers were more popular back in day as well.

Last edited:
Back in the day when I couldn't afford either, I preferred the GTX over the Charger. Then in the 1970s they both fell out of favor, and I was able to afford my first GTX. The pendulum will probably swing back in your favor within your lifetime - your financial status will improve, and the cars will become cheaper. If you are into GTXs, you have a significant market advantage over the Charger guys. The Chargers were more popular back in day as well.
It’s simple supply and demand. I bought my GTX as a roller with pretty good paint for 4k in 2017. Since then I’ve seen rustier cars, and ones with less paint go for 8-12k.

Same with chargers, Chrysler’s greatest car will always be in demand, and supply will always dwindle

A year and a half ago, I looked at a couple $60,000 Charger R/Ts & thought the prices were insane. Now I wish that I had bought them.

I sold 2 1969 Chargers 4-5 years ago and sure wish I would have held on to them now....

Mines doing waaaaay better than my retirement plans and stock holdings.

And I’ll still have it when it all collapses.

Auto Transport Service
Back