• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valuation question

Please post the value you believe I could sell my Superbird tribute below

• $120,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I thought write in value would allow me to see comments, but it doesn’t do anything, please PM me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Baddog67

Local time
6:25 PM
Reaction score
Hello to my Fellow B Body Mopar Enthusaists, I recently completed a restomod that I’d appreciate your feedback on what the value is. Keep in mind I Started with a clean, low mileage California satellite that had a replacement 440 from an RV….and an automatic transmission.
Current insured value $125,000

I’m asking because over the years, I’ve noticed this group is honorable…

BUT NOW:

It has a Modern 5.7 HEMI from a 2016 Challenger RT

Control Freak Suspension

WILWOOD disc brakes all around

stainless exhaust

steel Coronet fenders

steel Coronet hood

WILWOOD hydraulic clutch & brake master cylinders

1/4” dampening material throughout all car

Competition Engineering frame connectors WELDED in place

Vintage AC ICE COLD works amazing using a modern compressor

Dakota dash

Tremec 6 speed OD MANUAL transmission

Built 8 3/4 sure trac posi rear 3:91

All new interior STOCK

if you’re interested in the build, click below….

https://www.facebook.com/Plymouthsuperbird/

Lotsa blood, sweat, tears, and colorful expletives..

86EE018C-5379-435F-84EF-93B5EBF87A10.jpeg F0B9DB81-683B-4E89-8F67-98699DF0D1F0.jpeg 7A7413D8-EB2F-4EF9-A1E6-7FD29EDDB1C4.jpeg C783994E-CD06-496C-A1DD-AA3CEC67AE9A.jpeg 38DA316F-ECA4-4DB3-BC5C-36C23A1CE490.jpeg

Beautiful car,
Value ? I do not have a clue but damn nice work !

Probably a car like that might be better placed on an auction imo. Stick it on Ebay and see what happens. Place your reserve high enough so that it doesn't sell too cheaply.....and good luck.

Probably a car like that might be better placed on an auction imo. Stick it on Ebay and see what happens. Place your reserve high enough so that it doesn't sell too cheaply.....and good luck.
That’s good advice, thank you, maybe once I get enough feedback on price, I’ll use that as the reserve….

I found this while poking around. This is not from me just someone selling a 440 powered clone.

These cars are bringing $75,000.00 to $80,000.00 on mechem auctions this is a firm price thanks for looking

I have the rallye instrument cluster that will go with car

On Feb-16-16 at 13:42:55 PST, eller added the following information:
This is not a roadrunner it started as a plymouth satalite with a 318 motor it was replaced with a 440 engine With a 4 speed tranny this is a superbird clone any question feel free to call

On Feb-16-16 at 15:03:35 PST, eller added the following information:
when i listed this vehicle i pushed roadrunner by mistake it is a satalite about the same car anyway i am selling it as a superbird clone, t has all the same look except the rallye instrument cluster and i have that and it will go with the car
everything else is pretty much a duplicate of a real superbird that can bring as much as 200k if you can find one, he majority of the people would not know the difference anyway.
thanks' for bidding and looking have a good day
jim

Here is a link to that page and other clones as well.
http://davidsclassiccars.com/plymouth/2342-1970-plymouth-superbird-clone.html

Auction it off at bring a trailer with a reserve price of $123,000 if you're comfortable with selling it at $123,001.

https://bringatrailer.com/auctions/

Your car is beautiful and appears to be very nicely done
:thumbsup:

Auction it off at bring a trailer with a reserve price of $123,000 if you're comfortable with selling it at $123,001.

https://bringatrailer.com/auctions/

Your car is beautiful and appears to be very nicely done
:thumbsup:
Thank you, I changed to a rallye dash, a Dakota digital that looks like the stock one…and with all of the extras, I think you’re spot on….

I found this while poking around. This is not from me just someone selling a 440 powered clone.

These cars are bringing $75,000.00 to $80,000.00 on mechem auctions this is a firm price thanks for looking

I have the rallye instrument cluster that will go with car

On Feb-16-16 at 13:42:55 PST, eller added the following information:
This is not a roadrunner it started as a plymouth satalite with a 318 motor it was replaced with a 440 engine With a 4 speed tranny this is a superbird clone any question feel free to call

On Feb-16-16 at 15:03:35 PST, eller added the following information:
when i listed this vehicle i pushed roadrunner by mistake it is a satalite about the same car anyway i am selling it as a superbird clone, t has all the same look except the rallye instrument cluster and i have that and it will go with the car
everything else is pretty much a duplicate of a real superbird that can bring as much as 200k if you can find one, he majority of the people would not know the difference anyway.
thanks' for bidding and looking have a good day
jim

Here is a link to that page and other clones as well.
http://davidsclassiccars.com/plymouth/2342-1970-plymouth-superbird-clone.html
I agree for a regular tribute, yet with all of the modern equipment, I’m hoping it’s recognized as a higher value, that’s why I’m asking… THANK YOU

The post I put up said they are going for around 75k to 85k at Mecum. Not saying that's true but just give you some kind of Idea where to start.

The post I put up said they are going for around 75k to 85k at Mecum. Not saying that's true but just give you some kind of Idea where to start.
Thank you, it’s been a challenge because mine has so many changes and I was hoping it would be added to the price…

It's a hard one to pigeon hole a price for. It looks like you've done a great job on it, but once the value gets into "b body with original 426 hemi" territory, then you have some tough competition.
There are obviously buyers that love the full restomod cars and they may well pay six figure money for what you are selling. I'd start high (maybe $125-150k) and hope for the best. Good luck mate.

It's a hard one to pigeon hole a price for. It looks like you've done a great job on it, but once the value gets into "b body with original 426 hemi" territory, then you have some tough competition.
There are obviously buyers that love the full restomod cars and they may well pay six figure money for what you are selling. I'd start high (maybe $125-150k) and hope for the best. Good luck mate.
Thank you for your feedback, truth be told, I was starting at $135……… much obliged,

IMO need to find a buyer into the style
(resto-mod, not OE vin/fender-tag readers)
& into newer tech, usable & driveable car etc.
I don't think your price is too far off,
for the right person either

some resto-mods or pro-touring quality builds
today are going for more than "some" originals do sell for
& people drive them, they aren't afraid to devalue them
by driving them

an Auction setting may be your best place
to get every last dollar

IMO need to find a buyer into the style
(resto-mod, not OE vin/fender-tag readers)
& into newer tech, usable & driveable car etc.
I don't think your price is too far off,
for the right person either

some resto-mods or pro-touring quality builds
today are going for more than "some" originals do sell for
& people drive them, they aren't afraid to devalue them
by driving them

an Auction setting may be your best place
to get every last dollar
Thank you Budnick! Probably the best well thought out reply! All the best,
Barney

Auto Transport Service
Back