• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve cover breather for MP aluminum valve covers ????

gtx6970

Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Ok, I am in need of an open breather for the Mopar Performance aluminum covers.
Both sides have a twist on cap , pass side only has the pcv , but I dont have an open breather on drivers side .
It needs one

engine.JPG

I have found twist in breathers that will replace the cap. Or else you can find a grommet and tube to go to the air cleaner. The one thing about those covers were the lack of quality fitting pieces to do the job neatly. The are kind of a bastard cover in my opinion.

I recently bought a set of Micky Thompson cast covers. Scott Drake makes a twist on oil tube that's a restoration piece for a Mustang but, the tube will accept a stock Mopar breather, which allowed me to use it to hook up the air hose to my stock unsilenced air cleaner.

Don't know if this helps you but, maybe an option for those covers too.

I just ordered a breather.

Will see how it works

I bought an inexpensive breather off of Azon and it works fine. Search this....

Spectre Performance 4273 Twist-In Oil Filler Breather Cap​

I've got ye ol'Mr Gasket breather on my mopar performance valve covers.

...or bend the tabs on the cap...
IIRC, I once added a push-in breather to a set of MP cast covers by drilling out one of the blank holes & using a grommet.

That should fit. For some reason some fit to loose and you might have to make a thin shim to go behind the sealing washer. Then again you might be good.
The Spectra I bought is actually pretty tight. I use it as a breather and oil fill.

Auto Transport Service
Back