• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vanishing Point

VFilms

Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
Each September the Adirondack Nationals are held in Lake George NY. I ran into this guy a couple years ago all decked out as Barry Newman, complete with the white Challenger, movie camera on the hood, mini bike on the roof and Super Soul in the passenger's seat. The car even had Colorado plates.

IMG_2441.jpg IMG_2443.jpg

Wasn’t the hippy biker in the passenger seat? :D

Some people watch Vanishing Point and some people live it! When I used to watch the movie on late night television, my 70 383 4 speed Challenger R/T used to get the living daylights beat out of it! I blew the clutch out of it trying to emulate those full throttle speed shifts! Those were the days!

Yeah my drive home in my Challenger, after seeing the flick at an outdoor theater, was a tad faster than usual...lucky the police weren't around. Young & dumb.

Each September the Adirondack Nationals are held in Lake George NY. I ran into this guy a couple years ago all decked out as Barry Newman, complete with the white Challenger, movie camera on the hood, mini bike on the roof and Super Soul in the passenger's seat. The car even had Colorado plates.

View attachment 1222624 View attachment 1222625

Pretty fun. I'm sure he was a hit!

I saw the movie 1971 at the Sunset Drive-In. I swore I would get a Challenger. The starting point in Denver is all rebuilt with new upscale apartment buildings. (Gentrified) I'd like to do the route someday. We run Kowalski's Colorado tag on the front of Challenger full time. When we get caught it's going to be bad.

I was just reading about Hagerty's Classic Car Adventure in Colorado. This info is from previous ones.

The Hagerty Silver Summit is our 100% tarmac classic car adventure which explores the fantastic roads and sights of Colorado. This budget-minded adventure is for pre-1979 and earlier touring and sports cars (with exceptions for select newer cars on an application basis). This un-scored, non-competitive event takes place entirely within the state of Colorado, and consists of approximately 700 miles of driving over three days. The event uses easy to follow way-finding instructions which are detailed and clear. No special calculations or rally knowledge is required. Driving is planned during daylight hours, and as per all our events, the route will remain secret until entrants receive their route book at registration. We promise three days of adventure filled with great roads, great cars and great people.

The 2020 Hagerty Silver Summit will start in Littleton Colorado. The finish location is yet to be decided, but entrants can expect we will finish within a 2 or 3 hour drive from Denver.

Last edited:
I watched VP sometime in the mid 70's and was like many enamored with Challengers instantly. I didn't ever want a white one but I have had a pile of other Challengers in other colors. I currently have a 70 Challenger RT 440 (EFI 6 pack) AT in Hemi orange

IMG_0122.jpeg

I don’t have a Challenger. But I have a Pistol Grip 4 speed in my ‘70 V code ‘Cuda.
8FBB2860-BD28-43E9-9C35-6E064D71036A.jpeg

Can't beat a 4 speed Challenger!

It's so so easy to get in trouble with this car... :D

TDIXVsEiSVB-BydElLlK8hSJOGVrMFbi7A3b2rzor6i7ft2vuTeq1sByiQ53o38T9mwABy9=w1264-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

I do have a pistol grip in my 73 Cuda 416 EFI 6 pack.... I was recently thinking about converting my Challenger to a 4spd bc I have everything but the pedals, floor hump and console top.. All my other classic cars are manuals except my 68 Cuda project but I may not be keeping that one but my 71 Charger will have a TKX 5 speed and my 70 RR will have a 4spd so... that would leave the Challenger... LOL

IMG_2484.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back