• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vapor Lock - 1971 Satellite 318 Looking to install a Fuel Vapor Separator, Need some Direction

What year is the car? If it's 71 or newer it'll have a vapor recovery system, If thats the case you can re-purpose the vapor line as a fuel return.... Actually I just noticed the year is in the title, 71.... Your choice whether you re-purpose the vapor line but it's been done may times...
I have 72 Satellite Sebring plus I asked FAST (because I'm installing a EFI from them) if I can do what you just mentioned and they said the return line is to small. I really was hoping to use it to return fuel. They said the change in pressure could cause problems. I'll bet I only have 175 HP to 200 so wondering if anyone knows if I can play with the pressure. NOT A HIGH HORSEPOWER MOTOR.

See post #17, running a pair reproduction 3/8” hard lines on my ’72 SS. If it’s an early ’72 (before April ’72) you can run the recently released ’71 fuel tank designed for an in-tank pump. Use your existing single line. Keep in mind that car should have a 5/16” main fuel line, most EFI want as least a 3/8” line and return.
Where in the "Northwest"?

Auto Transport Service
Back