• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Veterans on the Board

Here in sunny SoCal.............there was a flyover...........I ran out and got second pass on my phone.

LOVE the sound................the sound of Freedom

20151111_110507%20-%20Copy_zpsi3lm5yih.jpg

1968-1971 Army Combat Engineer
Saw south east Asia and Germany.

Well I've been in for a little while now. Was active duty for a few years at Fort Drum. Enlisted as 11B, they quickly learned I was a weapons jockey. One combat tour to the Stan. 12-13' OEF, paktyka province, sharana, Rushmore and a 2 moth stint down in Kushmond. Got back, forced out under troop cuts, moved to Mississippi and reclassed to 91B for the ms guard. Now I work for the Feds as a humvee tech.

My turn I guess

Joined late in 2013 (at 27 years old) - refused a commission from the Army and Navy.

Enlisted USAF - signed EOD. Due to sequestration I was forcibly reclassed to 3P0X1 (Security Forces) - good thing I got a 98 ASVAB score.

Still serving my 4 years then I'm out. One middle east deployment thus far.

Current Assignment is Presidential Security

I did not serve,they woulda threw me out anyway. But I want to tell all of you vets that I am gratefull you served in the military in any way shape or form. I an honored to be able to hang with you guys in cyberspace.
If ANY of you find yourself on Long Island in the warm monthes,you have earned a ride in my junk!!!:icon_salut::3gears::notworthy:

LOL,...forgot to say my loverly wife served US Army active duty 1974-1978 as an MP. One of the first female MP's in the all voluntold army.

Hi to all the vets. I'm a Marine veteran from years 04-14. Due to the draw down I'm out of the gun fight. Currently pursuing my education mostly to pay for my mopar addiction...lol. I'm currently working on a 68 Plymouth GTX but the project has been on hold due to the construction of a new buiding to put her in. This is my second B-body with my first being a 68 RoadRunner. Had to sell the Roadrunner for financial reasons years back. My GTX now is going nowhere...lol look forward to sharing pictures with you guys once my project continues.

Thanks for serving Guys!

3rd AD, 1/32 Armor, 1983-85 and 4/278th ACR 85-92. Always glad to know some more vets.

:sFl_america2:

Hi to all the vets. I'm a Marine veteran from years 04-14. Due to the draw down I'm out of the gun fight. Currently pursuing my education mostly to pay for my mopar addiction...lol. I'm currently working on a 68 Plymouth GTX but the project has been on hold due to the construction of a new buiding to put her in. This is my second B-body with my first being a 68 RoadRunner. Had to sell the Roadrunner for financial reasons years back. My GTX now is going nowhere...lol look forward to sharing pictures with you guys once my project continues. My ride attached below.

24d1e43477d46e899f3f48001921fb34.jpg

Enlisted active duty Air Force 1965. One tour Camh Rahn Bay RVN 67-68. Discharged Feb. 69. Renlisted Air Force Reserve 1970, Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom, Retired Oct. 2002.

Well not going to get into much detail but I am also an EOD tech, 6 1/2 years (2008 - 2015 )active now WV EOD guard. 2 deployments and lots of fun along with ****.

US Army INFANTRY 1984- 2013. Ben there done that. Completely retired. Working on a,72 Roadrunner.

Joined the Army in 98 as 11B Infantry. Re-enlisted in March of 01, went to Airborne School, then off to Italy with the newly reactivated 173rd Airborne. Jumped into Iraq on March 26, 2003. My lifer career got cut short on Sep. 3, 2003 by a volley of RPG's. Spent 5 weeks in Landstuhl Hospital, Germany, then medically discharged Nov. 15, 2003.

Served in Korea 1998-99
Ft. Campbell, KY 1999-2001
Vicenza, Italy 2001-2003
OIF I 2003 HHC 2-503d 173rd ABN Scouts 11B2P

Thanx for your service and I hope the VA is taking care of you as they should!
From 1 vet to another!

I enlisted in the Navy right out of High school in 1964. Did 2 tours in Viet Nam on board two different ships as a radioman. Both ships were based out of Long Beach Calif. The cruiser I was on bore the same name. USS Long Beach (CGN 9) Got out in 68 and bought a new B5 Blue 68 Charger R/T with four on the floor and a fifth under the seat. I had it 2 days short of a year and already used up the 5 year 50K warranty.

Joined out of High School Aug 1981.
Basic at dicks to Dix in Fall 81, AIT (63B) at Fort Leonard Wood. Worked with the 121ARCOM in Huntsville Al. Finished out as a MSNG Spec 5 in Columbia MS National Guard unit.
by 1987 I was done.

Regan was President most of my time in and we didn't go Fight.....

Auto Transport Service
Back