• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vibration in our bb stroker 4 speed

3rdelke

Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if it's in the engine. Sounds more like a drive train issue, HELP engine was balanced with the flywheel

Last edited:
Can you give more information about when it occurs?

The general rule is that drivetrain vibration will happen while driving, maybe at a specific RPM band, and I think Engine vibrations should happen when the car is not moving. Drivetrain vibration can be further tested under load, under drag, coasting with the clutch in and engaged.

At different times, I have had vibrations from a cupped rear tire (fairly easy to localize where it came from), a driveshaft that threw a balancing weight (vibration occurred 45-60 mph more difficult to localize, but near rear seat and only depended on speed of car), and an incorrect pinion angle (70-80 MPH changed when accelerating/decelerating or going up/down hill). I also understand it can be the yoke into the transmission and other things. Not run into engine vibration - yet.

Can you give more information about when it occurs?

The general rule is that drivetrain vibration will happen while driving, maybe at a specific RPM band, and I think Engine vibrations should happen when the car is not moving. Drivetrain vibration can be further tested under load, under drag, coasting with the clutch in and engaged.

At different times, I have had vibrations from a cupped rear tire (fairly easy to localize where it came from), a driveshaft that threw a balancing weight (vibration occurred 45-60 mph more difficult to localize, but near rear seat and only depended on speed of car), and an incorrect pinion angle (70-80 MPH changed when accelerating/decelerating or going up/down hill). I also understand it can be the yoke into the transmission and other things. Not run into engine vibration - yet.
O
ber: 9840"]Can you give more information about when it occurs?

At different times, I have had vibrations from a cupped rear tire (fairly easy to localize where it came from), a driveshaft that threw a balancing weight (vibration occurred 45-60 mph more difficult to localize, but near rear seat and only depended on speed of car), and an incorrect pinion angle (70-80 MPH changed when accelerating/decelerating or going up/down hill). I also understand it can be the yoke into the transmission and other things. Not run into engine vibration - yet.[/QUOTE]

O
ber: 9840"]Can you give more information about when it occurs?

[/QUOTE]
thanks, soon as the roads dry up ill try to narrow it down, its been mini tubbed, don't know if that could be a problem

also a lil concerned about torque strap (bolt) I have it kinda snug against rubber isolaters

Yeah, if it vibrates while sitting still in neutral, it's in the engine or trans. If only when driving, it's probably in the driveline, or pinion angle.

Yeah, if it vibrates while sitting still in neutral, it's in the engine or trans. If only when driving, it's probably in the driveline, or pinion angle.
Thanks, have an appt. Next week to have rear gears swapped, they will have drive shaft balanced and inspect everything

Auto Transport Service
Back