• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vibration

KB9GIB

Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Good morning, Have a 69 B body coming home the other day and at a stoplight I got on it shortly after I picked up a bad vibration felt like it was coming from the rear I checked all tires drive shaf,axle end play, Seems good. I then take the car for a test all is good. Stop and get on it again same thing bad vibration. Stop again take off easy vibration is not there any thoughts are suggestions would be helpful. Would be easier if it would just break. Thanks Kb9gib

If it is coming and going it would make me think something possibly loose. If you checked tires, brakes etc, did you check U-joints ? If it's not loose straps, what's the condition of the U-joints themselves ? Drive it more and see if it becomes more consistent.

Coming and going could be your pinion angle too. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, when you accelerate the rear end twists up, when you decelerate it goes down. If your pinion angle is off, it’ll happen more “dramatically”

Auto Transport Service
Back