• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vikings Victory!!!!

I say to myself

What if Favre , wouldn’t have made that throw across the middle

Would the Vikings have possibly , possibly , maybe
Oh yeah that one put us in traction for a number of years. I'm still in it of sorts. Favre had a clear easy 10+ yards right in front of him and just had to throw that cross body pass for an interception. But I resent that game for more than that - if you recall "Bountygate" where the Saints Defensive Coordinator paid players to go after Favre and try to put him out of the game. They suspended the coach and the DC. I'll tell you this with the horrific never called hits they put on Favre - and that guy never complained and just kept getting up. I had more respect for that lion than for any player I e ever seen play after that game. Wow - he is one tough son of a bitch. I think the DC maybe never got another shot and players were fined. That was the most pathetic display of unsportsmanlike conduct I may have ever witnessed. And of course they went on to win their only SB. I simply despise the Saints for that - and they're supposed ownership of the Lombardi Trophy. That in my mind is the Vikings trophy.

And yes - the missed FG by "Mr. Incredibly Reliable" I forget his first name Anderson. There again the Falcons went on to win the Super Bowl. We were a far superior team to anyone that year - I think 15-1 - 1998 I believe. Labeled as one of the best offenses of all time. Boy did that one hurt. So yes - "The Curse" lives on. Must have been as a result of all the brutal raiding the Norseman did on England and Western Europe back when.

But just one more shot - one SB victory in my lifetime and I can go a happy man.

Woke Football League....
retch.gif

We all know what opinions are good for. But.........IMO, I have not watched a NFL event since Kapperdick started dis-respecting our flag, Anthem, Military and country and most all those over paid sissies followed suit. If all 32 of them lost every game it would be just fine with me.
Im with you. I used to be a huge vikings fan. Stop standing and covering your heart during the national anthem. Youve lost touch. Find a better avenue for your beliefs.

Im with you. I used to be a huge vikings fan. Stop standing and covering your heart during the national anthem. Youve lost touch. Find a better avenue for your beliefs.
You guys are out of touch at least as it concerns the Vikes. Tell me one game they took a knee. Highly probable they were the only team not to do so. As far as the rest of the NFL - yeah woke bullshit. But I'm sticking with my team.

I can respect that if it’s true

The Green Bay Packers just hid in the locker room during the playing of the National Anthem for many games

Calm down boys. its the 1st week.
There is A LOT of football to play .

But if I had to pick a team right now....Bills will be tough down the stretch, Provided they stay healthy . Which is a very big if

My Pats were so so ,
Bengals sucked 1st half but started to gain some rhythm 2nd half but a little bit to late

Do they all still kneel down, or hide in the tunnel for the National Anthem ?

Calm down boys. its the 1st week.
There is A LOT of football to play .

But if I had to pick a team right now....Bills will be tough down the stretch, Provided they stay healthy . Which is a very big if

My Pats were so so ,
Bengals sucked 1st half but started to gain some rhythm 2nd half but a little bit to late
As far as the AFC is concerned I see another replay of Chiefs/Bills. Who knows,the outcome. But the Bills are loaded for bear. Josh Allen is a young rock star. They have the whiney reject Stephon Diggs, a great receiver but MN was glad to get rid of his attitude especially since they drafted Justin Jefferson to replace him - the most catching yardage in the NFL for the last three years - since his entering the league. Great attitude - incredible wideout. More than happy with that exchange. Then of course the Bills also picked up the great Von Miller. Plus alot more. The AFC is going to be a shootout and the Bills could be the last man standing - at least after the AFC Championship. Wouldn't mind that one bit.

Vikings defensive tackle Jalyn Holmes (90) takes a knee during the national anthem before the start of an NFL game against Green Bay at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis on Sunday, Sept. 13, 2020. (John Autey / Pioneer Press)

6EFBB72E-B95D-47B5-A55D-B0D3324CF920.jpg

I referenced the Vikings team - Wow - one guy on a team of many dozens. As they say it's a team sport - can you dig up any other one offs? Never even heard of the guy - far from being an integral influential member of the team. As I looked him up I see they cut him after the opener of the 2021 season.

The NFL has come a long way since Bud Grant had the team practice lining up for the National Anthem.

I referenced the Vikings team - Wow - one guy on a team of many dozens. As they say it's a team sport - can you dig up any other one offs? Never even heard of the guy - far from being an integral influential member of the team. As I looked him up I see they cut him after the opener of the 2021 season.
There are two (2) guys kneeling in that picture.

Its not so much the Vikings. Its the NFL. Should have said that’s enough of that B.S. after Kapernick. And to hide in the tunnel or locker room is chicken poop. I do remember a veteran player dint recall name or team that took the field alone to stand for the National Anthem. Twice a hero in my book.

I can respect that if it’s true

The Green Bay Packers just hid in the locker room during the playing of the National Anthem for many games
Were the number of packers players kneeling any more or less than any other team? As post 31 shows, the typical percentage of players kneeling = vast minority. Others like you, me, and majority of players STAND and wouldn’t think of anything else. So then all the punishment boycotting watching games cuz of a few dipshits. Way I see it, this equates to a win for the few dipshits prodding some people to not watch the games = those dipshits getting just the reaction they’re looking for = a WIN for them..

Green Bay was fortunate to have Favre for 16 years bringing the team back from being a league joke for 20 years, thanks to GM Ron Wolf, seeing something with this guy others missed. Always thrilling to watch, never missed playing, injured or not. He was in an auto accident while in college resulting in the removal of 30” of his intestines, addicted to oxy with beers for a time. Was a **** show in his later years with GB, not sure of whether he’d come back the next season, sort of the same chit with Rodgers now. Had a chance to meet Brett when I was working at Lambeau Field during its renovation.

He always played his heart out like a kid and did so as a Viking, beating the crap out of GB. The photo shows some of the damage he endured after the Viking/Saint’s game.

After he retired from the Vikings, he officially retired as a Packer and I attended the ceremony. He was not sure of the response he would receive from packer fans. Well, the stadium was pert near filled for his ceremony! Unveiled his name in the stadium along with other packer legends. Emotional speech he gave and he sure found out how much packers fans cherished him.
1663076422851.png

Were the number of packers players kneeling any more or less than any other team? As post 31 shows, the typical percentage of players kneeling = vast minority. Others like you, me, and majority of players STAND and wouldn’t think of anything else. So then all the punishment boycotting watching games cuz of a few dipshits. Way I see it, this equates to a win for the few dipshits prodding some people to not watch the games = those dipshits getting just the reaction they’re looking for = a WIN for them..
I don't remember his name either - but it seems to me he played for Pittsburg. Now that's a guy with some f$&k you balls. He didn't screw his teammates - they screwed him. He had the brassies to stand true to his values and beliefs. I'd like to think I would have done the same. Too many others just didn't have the stones. Like when Drew Brees called bs on all that **** - then gets fans and players upset with him and caves like a little girl. That made me sick. And he wasn't the only one - but he was a memorable one.

Green Bay was fortunate to have Favre for 16 years bringing the team back from being a league joke for 20 years, thanks to GM Ron Wolf, seeing something with this guy others missed. Always thrilling to watch, never missed playing, injured or not. He was in an auto accident while in college resulting in the removal of 30” of his intestines, addicted to oxy with beers for a time. Was a **** show in his later years with GB, not sure of whether he’d come back the next season, sort of the same chit with Rodgers now. Had a chance to meet Brett when I was working at Lambeau Field during its renovation.

He always played his heart out like a kid and did so as a Viking, beating the crap out of GB. The photo shows some of the damage he endured after the Viking/Saint’s game.

After he retired from the Vikings, he officially retired as a Packer and I attended the ceremony. He was not sure of the response he would receive from packer fans. Well, the stadium was pert near filled for his ceremony! Unveiled his name in the stadium along with other packer legends. Emotional speech he gave and he sure found out how much packers fans cherished him.
View attachment 1342084
if you want to read one hell of a biography - "Gunslinger" The Remarkable, Improbable, Iconic life of Brett Favre by Jeff Pearlman. I read it a few months ago and it's a great, well researched book.

It's more than a bit sad what's going on now with that MS welfare thing. Not something anyone, anywhere would have ever thought Favre would have gotten himself mixed-up in. I truly hope it's not all true. He was truly one of the greatest, and without a doubt the toughest QB ever to play the game of football. Pearlman's now telling people not to buy his book because of all of that mess. Very sad.

Auto Transport Service
Back