• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vikings Victory!!!!

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
Minnestoa Vikings 23 Greenbay Packers 7

FFB435B1-D1BD-45BA-911B-27E523D566CA.jpeg

Last edited:
every year one team rises to dominance...... this year it may very well be the Vikings

Sore subject as a packer fan. How many times can a team make it to the playoffs including one game shy of the SB and be shut out? Packers can. Last year it was special teams nailing their casket, they’ve sucked at for a long time. Still looked that way yesterday. Then they lose about thee best WR in the league and have two rookies at the positions (injuries aside). Notable, a former packer darius smith, leaving GB on bad terms, got some revenge. Wondered the past few seasons how long can a team play at that level unable to make the SB before they deteriorate? Odds are rather telling, as history reveals, not good.

Last season pack got beat to chit in their first game and came back a game short of the SB. Repeat? Have my doubts.
Congrat’s Viking fans with your new coach, maybe this will be your year to shine.

When folks get excited (or pissed off) about how their team did in the first week, I'm reminded of how poorly my team played to start the '94 season. The shame came to a head on a Monday night against Philadelphia, resulting in a 40-3 drubbing and the benching of our starting QB (If you don't know who I'm talking about or how our season ended up I'll leave it to you and the google..)

Moral to the story is, it's a long brutal season so don't get too high OR too low just yet...

....or the Buffalo Bills!!!!!

They done put a azz-whoopin on the Rams....:rofl:
I haven't had the same 'enthusiasm' for NFL the last few years as I used to, but Josh Allen is a local boy and I do hope he he has a long and successful career. He's still just starting out but he's done some cool stuff off the field and I wouldn't mind seeing him become the next superstar QB.

Not completely true my - sick of the patriots - friend. The awesome 12-2 1969 Mn Vikings won the last of the NFL Championships in 69 - defeating the LA Rams and then the Cleveland Browns for the NFL Championship. In 1970 the Super Bowl era began with the merger of the NFL and the AFL. The Vikings were the class of the league during those years - and yes unfortunately they did choke in their 4 appearances in the 70's and the beginning of the Super Bowl era. But truth be told you can never say they never won a Championship. Read your history it's all there.

And BTW as an additional off subject piece of little known NBA history - The vaunted LA Lakers - arch rivals to your precious Celtics - Actually came from Minnesota as the Minneapolis Lakers - the trivia point is why the LA Lakers are named such - reason being MN "Land of 10,000 Lakes". During their years as a franchise in MN the Lakers won the World Championship 5 times in Six years prior to the move to LA. Three of those were NBA titles and 3 prior to the merger. IIRC They've been to the finals 10 times more than the Celtics. A great sports rivalry to be sure - but the Lakers hold the Trump card IMO. Just thought I'd school you a bit on MN sports history. You can thank me later.
F93AF867-E2AF-407A-B588-14CAEE004AA5.jpeg

Last edited:
My wife's family are die-hard Viking fans (they actually are Vikings from Minnesota, there ain't one of 'em under 6'5", and they have multiple consonants next to each other in their last name and everything...:D)
My Pops-in-law never misses an opportunity to tell us how he suffered through all those games at the 'Met in the old days, and how he was physically sick for days after the SB losses...four in a row....long story short the old man doesn't get wound up about football anymore!

We all know what opinions are good for. But.........IMO, I have not watched a NFL event since Kapperdick started dis-respecting our flag, Anthem, Military and country and most all those over paid sissies followed suit. If all 32 of them lost every game it would be just fine with me.

Let’s get the damn cleaning crew in here after one game

CD3D414D-3DCD-48B6-B370-06435D22332C.jpeg

We all know what opinions are good for. But.........IMO, I have not watched a NFL event since Kapperdick started dis-respecting our flag, Anthem, Military and country and most all those over paid sissies followed suit. If all 32 of them lost every game it would be just fine with me.
I don't in any way disagree with you bro. But I boycotted for a couple of the recent years and just simply had to have some sports to watch. And as an added footnote - The Vikings were one of if not the only team to never take a knee. They have a clean respectful franchise and just never took the bait.

My wife's family are die-hard Viking fans (they actually are Vikings from Minnesota, there ain't one of 'em under 6'5", and they have multiple consonants next to each other in their last name and everything...:D)
My Pops-in-law never misses an opportunity to tell us how he suffered through all those games at the 'Met in the old days, and how he was physically sick for days after the SB losses...four in a row....long story short the old man doesn't get wound up about football anymore!
Believe me my friend my family also comes from Norwegian stock and we all suffered greatly through those years. I went to every playoff game at the Met including all the NFC championship games. Those Super Bowls haunt us to this day. Back in the day They were the class of the NFL - but just could never play their game in the Super Bowl. The 1970 loss to the Chiefs the Vikes were favored by double digits and got crushed by that from a far inferior team. We call it "The Curse". That's all we want is another shot - and a victory - just one in my lifetime.....

Since the National F League *** comments deleted by me due to political nature*** . I hope for an impossible scenario... all teams lose. I used to be a Giants fan, and a Fran Tarkenton-purple people eater Vikings fan. Days long gone. If somebody gave me a free ticket to an NFL game, I'd put a match to it and burn it in front of a TV camera.

Last edited:
I say to myself

What if Favre , wouldn’t have made that throw across the middle

Would the Vikings have possibly , possibly , maybe

I say to myself

What if Favre , wouldn’t have made that throw across the middle

Would the Vikings have possibly , possibly , maybe
I dunno man...I'm thinking "what if" Anderson didn't miss that last-minute field goal in the NFCCG against Atlanta...after not missing a kick during that whole 15-1 season....
But Farvruh was a pain in the ***, for sure....

The way I considered it with the knee thing was few players did it and vast majority would never think of doing it. I kept that thought as wherever ya go, there's always a couple of dipshits being a dipshit in the crowd. A shame the NFL commish didn't take a stand to reject the bullshit. He had one chance to do it; but scared off with the sponsors fears and/or threats to take a position.

Recalling memorable words from an old boss: "Don't make your problems my problems." I viewed this as perfectly applicable. He could have said "Our business is pro football, that's all folks, FOOTBALL! This issue has NOTHING to do with - the NFL. Our players are free to support their causes as they typically do OFF the field on their OWN time and NOT when they're in the stadium at game time to play football - period - no further comment."

I’m biased of course, lol. Packers won the first 2 super bowls and the trophy named after Lombardi. Being a geezer, remember the LONG era of misery, some two friggin DECADES when the packers were **** and my Illinois relatives relishing Ditka and da Bears crushing the packers; how Ditka loved to shove it with his fridge. Then came Wolf, Holmgren, and Favre, to finally turn the table. Was glorious to have some payback with my relations. Yeah biased, but hey I own some shares of the packers – only team where the fans have ownership, not a billionaire owner.

Auto Transport Service
Back