• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vikings

Did you know Viking is a verb, not a noun?

In Old Norse, there are two words: a víkingr is a person, while víking is an activity.

Did you know Viking is a verb, not a noun?

In Old Norse, there are two words: a víkingr is a person, while víking is an activity.
Didn’t know this. The Green Bay – Packers were once known as the Acme Packers having to do with packing meat, I believe. Not too glorious; but I’m biased as they set the stage winning the first two super bowls, the trophy is named after Lombardi and the team is the only one owned by its fans, not a billionaire. We put our youngest on the season ticket list 20 years ago. If all goes well, she may get them when she’s around 80, lol.

Since this was the most recent on NFL chats, thought I'd post here on how surprised I am with the Packers play, especially the last two games they won over the Lions and Chiefs. Don't think anyone predicted they would be victorious. I sure didn't. Couple of lousy ref calls last night; but they were on both teams. The rest of the season for them is purported to be easier wins for them possibly garnering a playoff spot; but take this with a grain of salt, maybe a bucket, as it's obvious any team can eek a win anytime. Anyway, as a packer fan had written this season off.
I have to admit, completely surprised me too. You know I have to say this - As I said to my wife last night - “Geez this guy Love looks really good - I won’t be able to take it if they have another completely legit QB after living thru Favre and Rodgers for the last 40 years“. And on top of that the D looked really good last night. Ooh the pain of it all…..

I don’t know what happened to the Chiefs, but they were lifeless last night and haven’t look like recent years, all season long.

Even tho I dislike them - I‘m picking the Niners for NFC Champs and given what appeared to be a loaded AFC doesn’t look as I expected - Niners all the way. The one and only thing I like about that is Mr Irrelevant being in the MVP conversation. Has that ever happened before? Now that I think of it Kurt Warner was undrafted - so that’s really the trump card. But the Purdy story thus far isn‘t far behind Warner’s beginnings. Quite a ways to go before he could approach that legend.

At least you're not a Pat's fan. This is a tough year for me
Be calmed bro - There’s a purpose to the poison. Belechick sp can’t take mediocrity for long. Just like Miami a couple of yrs ago - “Tank for Tua”! Well look at them now. Pats are doing the same thing. They’ll get their guy in the 24 draft, watch…..

Be calmed bro - There’s a purpose to the poison. Belechick sp can’t take mediocrity for long. Just like Miami a couple of yrs ago - “Tank for Tua”! Well look at them now. Pats are doing the same thing. They’ll get their guy in the 24 draft, watch…..
I sure hope you're wrong. I hate the pats. But not quite as much as I hate the cowboys (fans).

LOVE Green Bay Packers

Early in the season that New Years Eve game didn’t have much to offer

Look now

I don’t see you promoting “your team”. I can only think it must be the raiders ….. way to get completely shut out ….
More of a wtf moment than a shot. Never was a raider fan, even when they were L.A.
My team? Today it's the Eagles. EVERY week, it's whoever is kicking the **** out of the coyboys.

Damn , just when I thought it was the Lions Division to Win this year

Damn , just when I thought it was the Lions Division to Win this year
Don’t worry too much. Your competition is still chasing you but the Lions have the best team in the NFC North. For me a lifelong Vikings fan - they’re not the team w/o Kirk Cousins. They don’t have a chance and I don’t think GB or Chicago will make the grade either. If you’ve been a long time fan of this division you well know it’s pretty common for these teams to split amongst each other. I also think Campbell will be slapping a few of his players around in a coaching way to keep them from thinking they’re a lock. They’ll respond …..

The Lions last won the division in 1993
My wife is a Lions fan , born raised in MI

The Packers have won the division 15 times since then

I work five miles away from Lambeau Field at the Airport

Ya, Dobbs thru 4 picks. But if i recall three were tip balls.
You know, for as long as I can remember, aside from a couple Farve years the offense is always just flat. They show little to no emotion, no fire under their ***. Defense is usually the thing that’s kept them in games.
favre.JPG

Packers have won the division 15 times since then
As a fellow packer fan, yeah 15 times and how many trips to the SB? In one game against the Giants, aging Brett looked like he was freezing to death, meanwhile it looked like Eli was playing in 70-degree weather. Thought for sure McCarthy would put Rodgers in as by then he had shown his talent as a backup with a championship on the line. Of course, more stellar seasons under Rodgers, until getting to the playoffs, even as a top seed, and appeared as if he was suffering from a sleep disorder or something. Maybe too pre-occupied with one of his line of celebrity girlfriends and making insurance commercials. Well, we've enjoyed a long ride of fun, being old enough to remember the packers of the 70’s and 80’s..

Auto Transport Service
Back