• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vikings

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
I know there are some Viking fans here. What the hell was that 4th qtr defense doing? They gave the game away (Monday night)

I know there are some Viking fans here. What the hell was that 4th qtr defense doing? They gave the game away (Monday night)
Life long fan in misery. That whole game was one of the worst displays I’ve seen them put on against a horseshit team in I don’t know how long. I don’t blame it on Dobbs either. He needs at least a half *** team protecting and backing him up. He got nothing. I have the Sunday Ticket again this year and don’t know how much more of that I can stand. I may just latch on to the Lions who I expected to take the NFC North anyway this year.

I love the Vikes - I just can’t take this incredible inconsistency any more. We‘ve got some real talent on that team but they just can’t put a whole season together + playoffs. Weary……

While my Giants were a crap team back in the day, I became a Vikings fan (second to the Giants, of course). The purple people eaters (Alan Page, Carl Eller, Jim Marshall, and ? I forget ) were awesome. And, my all-time favorite player Fran Tarkenton who returned to the Vikings after 5 years with the Giants. Unfortunately, they lost 4 Super Bowls in a decade.

As a Packer fan, we’re in a rebuilding phase with the youngest team post-Rodgers with Jordan Love. Amazed how they clocked the Lions Thanksgiving Day in their stadium. The guy shows talent then not so much. But when he does – could Green Bay have snagged yet another stellar QB? I know, too soon to say.

Oh, my apologies – you were talking about the Vikings..

That 4th qtr defense was beyond unbelievable. They went into a prevent defense, which is used to prevent a touchdown BUT just a field goal was needed to win so letting the offensive move the ball was all they needed to make a field goal. Stupid decision by the coach(s).

I wasn't enjoying the game as it was that or repeat news so I had it on. As a Bears fan for life, glad they won!!! But the Black and Blue division ain't what it used to be. The game was boring and SUCKED!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Life long fan in misery. That whole game was one of the worst displays I’ve seen them put on against a horseshit team in I don’t know how long. I don’t blame it on Dobbs either. He needs at least a half *** team protecting and backing him up. He got nothing. I have the Sunday Ticket again this year and don’t know how much more of that I can stand. I may just latch on to the Lions who I expected to take the NFC North anyway this year.

I love the Vikes - I just can’t take this incredible inconsistency any more. We‘ve got some real talent on that team but they just can’t put a whole season together + playoffs. Weary……
Oh they’re consistent. Consistently inconsistent drives me nut’s as well. As far as defense in the last 5 minutes, prevent defense, it prevents you from winning.

I’m a lifelong Bears fan ! How the hell did the Vikings not beat that horrible Bears team ?

I’m a lifelong Bears fan ! How the hell did the Vikings not beat that horrible Bears team ?
My condolences pard. My being a geezer, how I remember the days of Ditka grinding the Packers to pieces and my IL relatives giving me chit about it. Recall one game when da Bears scored 62 points and the Pack only scoring thanks to Chester Marcol catching his failed FG attempt, catching his deflected kick on top of his helmet, running it in for a TD. Until Wolf, Holmgren, and Brett came along to end the Packers two decades of misery post-Lombardi.

QB Dobbs didn't help their cause either...

Ya, Dobbs thru 4 picks. But if i recall three were tip balls.
You know, for as long as I can remember, aside from a couple Farve years the offense is always just flat. They show little to no emotion, no fire under their ***. Defense is usually the thing that’s kept them in games.

Last edited:
Dobbs with 4 int didn’t help out. That game was a terrible watch to go with the thanksgiving games. I think the NFL been down this year.

The division is a mess this year.
I have always been a Packers fan. In my youth watching them in the 80's I learned to be a fan of certain players, as the team was terrible.
I have always had a soft spot for the Lions, but only because I am a Barry Sanders fan. Not much else to go along with it, other than on many of their thanksgiving games over the years it was really fun to watch the various teams they had, the guys there get really, really motivated to win and played their hearts out. Otherwise I could give a rat's about their team as a whole. More just like the emotion they bring sometimes.
Same with the Bears, I think there is more rivalry with the fans then the teams anymore.
And the Vikings are just there. Used to like watching Chris Carter. Randy Moss was super punchable, the attitude of the team at large in that era was despicable. Rooted for them when they brought Cunningham out of retirement to play(he was installing kitchen cabinets in Arizona LOL) because I always like him.
Don;t know the team nowdays. I only passively watch NFL, too much ref interference trying to rig points spreads for the legal bets now. Mostly went back to just watching players again like I did all those years ago.

Ya, Dobbs thru 4 picks. But if i recall three were tip balls.
You know, for as long as I can remember, aside from a couple Farve years the offense is always just flat. They show little to no emotion, no fire under their ***. Defense is usually the thing that’s kept them in games.
I don’t blame Dobbs for any of it. As stated the pics were mostly tips. The Oline needed to give the guy some time to set -he never had any the whole game. This is a team game w/11 players. That kid has balls hanging in the pocket when he’s immediately mobbed by 300 lb monsters wanting to tear his head off. I’d be running for my life post haste. As far as some other things said - Yes D has been much of our calling cards over the years - but there again we’ve never had a real QB since Tark. Yes we’ve had a few good yrs out of some guys on their way out and Favre was one but there have been others. No one seems to remember the 98 Vikes 15-1 with as has been stated possibley the most prolific offense in NFL history. Cunningham (on his way out) under Center and a host of offensive weapons. They were lightening in a bottle that year. Unbeatable until the guy who never misses - missed Gary Anderson‘s missed FG in the NFC championship game against Atlanta gave a far inferior team a set of gift tickets to the SB which they won against an even more inferior AFC team. Maybe the Broncos slips- my mind. And there are more of those that we MN faithful can regurgitate. We call it “The Curse”. Why? We don’t know why - we just know we have it. “Bountygate” when NO cheated the whole game w/o penalty. Farve at the helm for the one “great” year we got out of him - he was on his way out. Suspensions of their coach, banning of their DC and other penalties for others. On to the SB to win “Our SB”. I will never, ever forget that game and what NO did. Critics will be critics but who can argue that since Tarkenton we’ve never had any consistency at QB. Who can argue that you don’t need consistency at the most important position on the field to win big. We’ve had plenty of talent over the years and have some very good offensive talent this year again - w/o consistency at the QB position. Packer fans like to spew flak - easy to do so with 40 straight years of legendary QBs - but I’ll remind anyone - Only 2 SB victories between those 2 legends. I could go and on in agreement with some critics and plenty of disagreement w/others. Look at all these teams of recent that have sucked for years and then hit the lottery with a first round pic of one of the many recent QB draftees at the top of the draft - suddenly they've become the top of their division teams. Do I have to name one after the other - I will. We never get that shot because we’re never that shitty to get those picks. I remember only one year we went 3-13 with the infamous Les Steckel at the helm taking over for the God Father of MN football - Bud Grant. “The Iceman” as he was called. Read his bio sometime - the guy was a legend in Canada and then the NFL. Well Les proved to be a gum on the bottom of our shoe replacement for that one year. No idea who they drafted - but my point is we’re never in position or that horseshit to pic high enough to secure the one player we’ve always been short.
Rant over - I’m done - until I’m not……

Since this was the most recent on NFL chats, thought I'd post here on how surprised I am with the Packers play, especially the last two games they won over the Lions and Chiefs. Don't think anyone predicted they would be victorious. I sure didn't. Couple of lousy ref calls last night; but they were on both teams. The rest of the season for them is purported to be easier wins for them possibly garnering a playoff spot; but take this with a grain of salt, maybe a bucket, as it's obvious any team can eek a win anytime. Anyway, as a packer fan had written this season off.

At least you're not a Pat's fan. This is a tough year for me

Auto Transport Service
Back