• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vin decode help

19 69 GTX

Local time
10:28 AM
Reaction score
I always suck at this any help is appreciated

received_2957802994437504.jpeg

It's a two door post RR, 383, 4-speed, 3:23 sure grip. Black on black, AM radio. That covers the basics without going to a decoder.

It's a two door post RR, 383, 4-speed, 3:23 sure grip. Black on black, AM radio. That covers the basics without going to a decoder.

How about this. Car has sat since late 70's I believe.

The writing and correct me if I'm wrong wouldn't it be from the assembly line. If so that's pretty cool looks like red line 70 tires

Screenshot_20220102-121235_Messenger.jpg

68 road runner 2 door sedan 383 4 speed
Decor group
Rear speaker
AM radio
All tinted glass
Mouldings: Drip rail, belt line, B pillar
3.23 sure grip
Roof & Body paint E dark blue metallic.
Upper door frame paint U light blue metallic
H4B high grade vinyl bench seat blue
F70-14 redlines steel belted
2-20-1968 scheduled build date

68 road runner 2 door sedan 383 4 speed
Decor group
Rear speaker
AM radio
All tinted glass
Mouldings: Drip rail, belt line, B pillar
3.23 sure grip
Roof & Body paint E dark blue metallic.
Upper door frame paint U light blue metallic
H4B high grade vinyl bench seat blue
F70-14 redlines steel belted
2-20-1968 scheduled build date
My old eyes deceive me. I mistook EE1 for BB1, but should have known that the B on the interior code was Blue. Thanks

What do you value this car at I'm thinking of buying. I have an agreed price and it's not listed for sale anywhere. Been sitting since late 70's in storage. He's not sure if original but probably has original 4 speed. Only rust is light bubbling in pic. Seats have original covers under the seat cover. Hard to find one like this. Even if engine isn't original still sweet find. He's gonna see if he can get a look at block next weekend. Looks like a u molested car in a time capsule

received_436624238177552.jpeg received_952320319004739.jpeg received_1084432082347230.jpeg received_518903009209096.jpeg received_341642317504273.jpeg received_458622978984717.jpeg received_418584016634632.jpeg received_377275114199032.jpeg

Not sure on value.. 12-15k?

Kinda sucks if they drilled that hood pin right into the rad support #s

I think it's an awesome find.

Not sure on value.. 12-15k?

Kinda sucks if they drilled that hood pin right into the rad support #s

I think it's an awesome find.
That would be a decent price, but sometimes people overvalue some things. Sucks about the mickey mouse hood pin posts.

Car painted wrong color
Hood pins added
Hood emblem gone
Has a 26” radiator (was a 22” originally)
Drivers exhaust manifold looks like a log manifold, (has engine been swapped?)
Radio gone
Inland shifter missing the reverse lockout lever.

Was this a California car when new? That is the only reason for that aircleaner on this car.

Does it have a reverse lamp on the dash to the right of the steering column?

Not picking on the car, but all these things affect value. Engine/trans is a big one for value to know if original or swapped.

Cool car, Looks like a good straight car. I like it!

Car painted wrong color
Hood pins added
Hood emblem gone
Has a 26” radiator (was a 22” originally)
Drivers exhaust manifold looks like a log manifold, (has engine been swapped?)
Radio gone
Inland shifter missing the reverse lockout lever.

Was this a California car when new? That is the only reason for that aircleaner on this car.

Does it have a reverse lamp on the dash to the right of the steering column?

Not picking on the car, but all these things affect value. Engine/trans is a big one for value to know if original or swapped.

Cool car, Looks like a good straight car. I like it!

Yeah not sure why they did hood pins like that but could be reversed easy. I'm not really looking for a numbers matching car that would just be icing on the cake. Car was built at Lynch Rd and has been in Texas since the mid to late 70's . It's kind of weird that car would painted different color if it has sat since late 70's ..deck lid underside and trunk look to be correct color ..

The writing and correct me if I'm wrong wouldn't it be from the assembly line. If so that's pretty cool looks like red line 70 tires

View attachment 1216932

As a new owner & with winter bad weather, I just really took notice of this in my trunk a couple days ago. Similar to yours. I'd say you may be correct. My trunk/jambs etc have never been resprayed.

Per my fender tag: TIRES: 7.75 x 14 Red Streak Tires

IMG_0108.jpg

I always suck at this any help is appreciated

View attachment 1216921

https://realdash.net/dev/decoders/tag6768.html

CAR: Plymouth RoadRunner 2 Door Pillar Coupe
ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: F70x14 Red Sidewall, Steel Belted
MODEL YEAR: 1968
BUILD DATE: February 20.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Split Bench Seats. Light Blue Interior.
PAINT: Dark Blue Metallic (Dodge), Midnight Blue Metallic (Plymouth), Military Blue Metallic (Chrysler, Imperial).
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic (Dodge), Frost Blue Metallic (Plymouth) Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
47: 'B' Pillar Mouldings (for coupe)

ABC OPTIONS:
F0: Decor Package
P6: Rear Seat Speaker
R1: AM Radio
X1: Tinted Glass (all)

Auto Transport Service
Back