• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vin Diesel a mopar man?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are whining about car movies, We dont get them very often and especially ones with this many mopars, yeh they get destroyed but out of all the movies the charger ha been in i have not seen many thhat were not totalled, it is part of its heritage to get wrecked.

they are not the best movies the acting is ****, no real storyline, crazy unbelieveable effects, but the crazy ones is what makes a good movie, and at least they have nice cars in it, i did not like the first 3 or 4 F & F movies except for the charger.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't his character say in that first movie the 70 Charger had so much torque it twisted the "chassis?"

it also had a small block chebbie and mehcanical arms under the car to make it wheelsatnd so i am guessing he was full of **** haha

Come on now, Aus can boast one of the best (actually two- I don't count the third one as a "car" movie), if not THE best car movies of all time.

Come on now, Aus can boast one of the best (actually two- I don't count the third one as a "car" movie), if not THE best car movies of all time.

Indeed. You Aussies should be proud. "she's the last of the V8s" Mad Max ranks in the top three of all time.

I have a funny Vin Diesel story, well maybe its not THAT funny. He owned a home on Benedict cyn, a highly sought after trophy street desired by many celebs and other rich folks between Beverly Hills and the San Fernando Valley. I had a client that lived a few houses away. As I would drive up the cyn, I would always see a private security car parked in Vin's driveway and the security guy would be standing outside all day. When night came, there was a shift change. So there was a guy standing there 24/7. It turns out that Vin's house got robbed when he was on location. They didnt just take the normal stuff, electronics, safe, jewelry. These guys dressed up as movers , showed up in a big moving van and cleaned the place out. Im talking furniture, clothing, towels, soap and the toilet paper. 100% empty. He didnt get back from shooting for several weeks after that. So he hired the security co. to stand outside his house. They stood there for about a year before he had the sense to build a small guard shack at the foot of his driveway. Never saw him drive anything but brand new cars.

F & f

I agree, I hate seeing the cars wrecked, but at the same time makes ours worth even more. It also puts our Mopars into the "spotlight" and makes them more famous. In fact someone saw my garage open and drove up the drive and asked if I would sell my Charger...of course I said not for sale....

Last edited:
As one dealing with having to replace fenders and parts on my Charger, I hate to see a good car like this crashed. The trade off does not balance out. One less car in the Mopar world.

Details, details.

mad max car, 1973 Aussie ford falcon XB coupe, had a lever on the shifter to turn the supercharger on or off as in the movie the world was neally out of fuel.

i read a couple of years back some guy made a supercharger that could be turned on or off using merceds parts, you could probably google it.
heres the falcon
original-interceptor_729.jpg

mad max car, 1973 Aussie ford falcon XB coupe, had a lever on the shifter to turn the supercharger on or off as in the movie the world was neally out of fuel.
i read a couple of years back some guy made a supercharger that could be turned on or off using merceds parts, you could probably google it.
heres the falcon

Got my mind spinning & thinking... Humm... You could "maybe use" an A/C type Belt driven Clutch electronically or vacuum activated, with a wider belt surface of course, but IMHFO it would run like a "total pig" extremely Fat, when the blower wasn't engaged thou, but could possibly have an electrical or vacuum activated high speed bypass, plumbed in it to the hat after the barrel valve & spool, to help Lean the motor when the Blower wasn't spinning "MAYBE", in theory it could be made to work, not sure it would be really worth it though... I think Dale Armstrong, Kenny Bernstein's old T/F crew chief, did some sort of electronically activated Blower overdrive & High speed lean out supplemental blower drive & Injector system at one time in the mid 80's I think it was, banned from racing with it thou, that's if my crappy memory serves me correctly...

Got my mind spinning & thinking... Humm... You could "maybe use" an A/C type Belt driven Clutch electronically or vacuum activated, with a wider belt surface of course, but IMHFO it would run like a "total pig" extremely Fat, when the blower wasn't engaged thou, but could possibly have an electrical or vacuum activated high speed bypass, plumbed in it to the hat after the barrel valve & spool, to help Lean the motor when the Blower wasn't spinning "MAYBE", in theory it could be made to work, not sure it would be really worth it though... I think Dale Armstrong, Kenny Bernstein's old T/F crew chief, did some sort of electronically activated Blower overdrive & High speed lean out supplemental blower drive & Injector system at one time in the mid 80's I think it was, banned from racing with it thou, that's if my crappy memory serves me correctly...

im shocked good ole vin diesel has not incorporated a flick of the switch blower drive set up on any of his chevy powered mopars

heres the falcon
View attachment 116799

You have to admit, fantasy aside, that thing looks f@cking cool. Even if the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

I think "The Wraith" or "Wraith" with Charlie Sheen was one of my favorite dream cars. And it was a mopar too....i004113.jpg

I actually like F&F 3. It may have been mostly about tuner crap, but it had some good ol American iron in it. The first race was the best. Reminds me off high school and how them jocks used to parade their fancy cars bout by mommy and daddy.. But thats just me.1654_5.jpg

You have to admit, fantasy aside, that thing looks f@cking cool. Even if the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

i believe there is more countries that drive on the right side then the left, maybe US is the wrong side haha, you guys just wanted to be different than the poms i guess

- - - Updated - - -

I think "The Wraith" or "Wraith" with Charlie Sheen was one of my favorite dream cars. And it was a mopar too....View attachment 116815

I actually like F&F 3. It may have been mostly about tuner crap, but it had some good ol American iron in it. The first race was the best. Reminds me off high school and how them jocks used to parade their fancy cars bout by mommy and daddy.. But thats just me.View attachment 116816

agreed i do like tokyo drift the chevelle was a pretty cool car or was it a nova? then the GTX (hammer) at the end was nice .

tell me some more about this "wraith" never seen it, was it a mopar?

Ahh c'mon. Everybody knows that a power slide from the left hand driver side is much easier to control than from the right hand side.

Ahh c'mon. Everybody knows that a power slide from the left hand driver side is much easier to control than from the right hand side.

lol, will have to give it a go in my aus car then my charger see whats better

"That ****'s got some kick!" (from "The Wraith")

Silly movie, but it had it's moments.

375 HP, based on 2.2 or 2.5 IIRC. I know a guy with a similar motor in a Consolier (sp).

My thoughts on the in/out blower, back in the 80's were using a double pulley a/c clutch, but would almost need two fuel systems, one through the blower, and one "underneath".

Would be relatively easy to do with FI, and would solve the mixture issue.

I'm pretty sure fuel would have a hard time getting through the tines, if they weren't turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back