• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vin Diesel a mopar man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

69clone

Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone knows. In the fast and furious series he always drives a mopar. the 70' Charger, 70' Roadrunner, new Challenger with the cuda conversion and looks like the new one has a Super bird which I assume is his. Ether he's picking the car he wants to drive or someone behind the scenes is a big mopar fan...or not as they get ruined...

look at neally any movie with a mopar especially a charger it always gets totalled, pisses me right off.

I think i read a few years back that vin diesel is a mopar guy and even owns one what it is i am unsure, i also think the director is also a mopar guy but that 70 charger with the blower they actually used a SBC motor in that as it was cheap and was a crate motor they dropped in so maybe they have no idea whatsoever

Diesel Daytona fl.jpgIt's true about getting totalled, there are even fewer Chargers because of this movie. They built seven copies, and only three remain after filming...

The last couple Chargers they used in the F&F series, have been built using fiberglass Replica bodies... supposedly, I read it or saw it on TV somewhere, I can't remember where, but it stuck in my memory banks...

Yeah it sad that they always get totaled but if I remember correctly the 70' Charger that was flipped and wrecked was rebuilt and sold at one of the auctions. I also forgot about the SBC's and I'm sure you heard the blowers were fake plastic molds and only in the clip where they raced did it have a real blower.
Budnicks: that would be cool and I hope producers opt to go that route in the future and leave the cars we want alone.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/fast-furious-6-cars-1969-dodge-charger-daytona.html

View attachment 116019It's true about getting totalled, there are even fewer Chargers because of this movie. They built seven copies, and only three remain after filming...

that is so farkiing nice

- - - Updated - - -

that is so farkiing nice

look at the contours of the front fender from the windscreen forward it aint a charger must be a fibreglassy custom, very cool though love the non flip headlights

i noticed it because i stare at the shape of my charger neally every day, love it

I wonder if the fiber body is the source of the totally incorrect grille profile on the model of the movie car...and lots of other 70 Charger models.

Am I not the only one who thinks the Fast and Furious movies and all the cars & stunts are just plain hokey?

Am I not the only one who thinks the Fast and Furious movies and all the cars & stunts are just plain hokey?

its a car movie that actually worships mopars how could you not enjoy it? would you prefer to watch sex and the city

That's pretty cool. Yeah the movies are annoying with how fake they make things look like nos shooting flames and blurring vision, or the wheelie while spinning. But for the most part they're pretty cool except I blame them for ricers lol

Hated every one of those movies I ever even saw a minute of...

Agree on VD, can't even stand to listen to him talk.

At least that "charger" has Mopar window cranks...that's the only part I could positively ID.

- - - Updated - - -

...at least the ricer crowd now knows what some Mopars are.

That was some great info, can't wait to watch the movie

Enjoyed most of the F&F movies. The only one I didn't really care for was the one with the Camaro & challenger. Will reserve judgement till I see the new one.

dont remember ever seeing a camaro and challenger except the new challenger with wide body kit at end of last f & f

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back