• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Mopar Muscle

last time at the track

63 sport fury mw on desplay at sears point goodouys april me.jpg

had a 66 sat commando 383 4spd dana lock'r in h/s . man did i cut that car up , lol .

^^^^^I know a guy that really cut up a REAL 68 Coronet R/T. We were 16,his dad brought home a work truck with torches in the bed. One thing lead to another and he hacked it up playing with the torch.

i did it with a cold chisel and a heavy hammer in my parents garage , cut that thing down to @ 2500 lbs , it was just a skin on frame rails and running gear . what a wast . clean no rust intact driver/racer .

I know it's not a b-body but long before there was Street Outlaws there was Steve Lisk's '71 Challenger- a legit 9 second street racer in '76. The September 1977 article in Hot Rod on this car helped burn Mopars into my then 14 year old soul forever.

chal.jpg

Last edited:
tumblr_ovfbdsoQmQ1rz6b2ao1_1280.jpg

Shirley Shahan, known as the Drag-On Lady, with her AMC AMX drag car on a trailer.
Shahan was the first woman to ever win an NHRA pro event in 1965, and a pioneer for women in drag racing!

The '63 Plymouth "Frustration"

View attachment 70670
Thanks for posting "FRUSTRATION". Unfortunately, it wasn't a stock/SS car until we put it together in the '90's. Been getting it ready to head to the Philadelphia Modifiers Race at Atco this Sunday. It'll be the first time out in it this season. Can't wait to get back in the seat! Love the thread. Where's Jerry Stein?

Auto Transport Service
Back