• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Mopar Muscle

couple from downunder at a 1/8 mile day at a airstrip.

Plymouth is an Genuine Aluminium front ended 63 best, 1/4 is 9.5 at this stage

12850_163435543862_533963862_2786629_4705582_n[1].jpg IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0019.jpg

Mopar Missile Crew Brain Trust: L To R: Tom Coddington, Ted Spehar, Joe Pappas, Dick Oldfield, Al Adam And Ron Killen. What A Mopar Engineering Crew! And Peeking Out From Behind These Guys--One Of The Baddest Mopars In The Land--Don Carlton's Motown Missile Dodge Challenger! Truly, Extra Care In Engineering!

Mopar Missile Crew.jpg

The other Barracuda Petty had was called "Outlawed". I think that was the one that was involved in the fatality. And I think it was a boy that died, not a woman.

My father bought that car from Pete many years ago .. I use to fall asleep as a kid inside one of the slicks Pete use to have laying around his shop on Lexington ave in Clifton, and they would panic when they couldn't find me... My father than bought Dave colberts yellow bad banana SS/EA 69 camaro , than bought his 85 SS/GTA Monte Carlo and held the record in 1995 with it at 9.43 in 1/4 mile... The memories are full , I still go past Pete's place every so often and he's still there at the shop... All the work on the monte and camaro where done by T-K performance (Bernie Agaminn ) was partners with Ralph at the time we went .. That's an awesome pic of the car as well.. I believe my father and Pete named WAR WAGON after he sold it to my dad, not really sure who came up with the name ...

I'll second that on purple :headbang:

Gotta love the hotpants!especially on Shirley back then!

While Going Through The FBBO Forums Tonight, I Thought Back To My Youth And Tried To Remember Some Of The Baddest B-Body Mopars On The Planet. One Of The Fastest And Most Lethal B-Bodies On Earth Was Tritak & Morgan's 1963 D-S/A And SS/FA Plymouth Station Wagon "The War Wagon"--426 Max-Wedge--Aluminum Front-End Car From Clifton, New Jersey. This Car Single Handedly Was Responsible For Trailering More Chevies, Fords And Even Some Mopars, Than Any Other S/S Plymouth Around At That Time. It Truly Was A Holy Terror! Pete Tritak And Partner Bill Morgan Put Together One Of The Most Competitive Station Wagons Ever Seen At An NHRA Event. Racing In The Early Days Of Super Stock, The Tritak Performance 63' Super Stock Plymouth "War Wagon" Held Its Own Against Some Of The Best Competition The Class Had To Offer, Including Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins. It Was An NHRA National Class Record Holder!

Well its still around. just hasn't been out racing in awhile. Hopefully, make a showing this year!

wagon12.jpg
wagon14.jpg
wagon9.jpg
wagon3.jpg
wagon5.jpg
wagon10.jpg

wagon12.jpg wagon14.jpg wagon9.jpg wagon3.jpg wagon5.jpg wagon10.jpg

This 63' Wagon has to be one of my all time favorites. I watched this car run many times and remember it at my home track, Dover Drag Strip in NY. I have a question about the car in the photo. Is this the original 63' ran by Tritak & Morgan, or is this the old Jerry Stein "Blast From The Past" 63' Belvedere car. I see that this car has many of Jerry's suttle changes. This is one car I would like to own for sure.

Nick Tiberio
FuryUs63

Yeah this car is truly an awesome piece of history. This is the original 63 Tritak and Morgan wagon that was restored in the late 80's. The youtube video [video=youtube_share;Tvn6k1OBJk8]http://youtu.be/Tvn6k1OBJk8[/video]
was at Raceway Park in New Jersey when I was a kid.

Auto Transport Service
Back