• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Mopar Muscle

1692645079725.png

1692645089593.png

1692645198450.png

Post 1605 ? Looking at the front fender scallops it looks like a 66,

While Going Through The FBBO Forums Tonight, I Thought Back To My Youth And Tried To Remember Some Of The Baddest B-Body Mopars On The Planet. One Of The Fastest And Most Lethal B-Bodies On Earth Was Tritak & Morgan's 1963 D-S/A And SS/FA Plymouth Station Wagon "The War Wagon"--426 Max-Wedge--Aluminum Front-End Car From Clifton, New Jersey. This Car Single Handedly Was Responsible For Trailering More Chevies, Fords And Even Some Mopars, Than Any Other S/S Plymouth Around At That Time. It Truly Was A Holy Terror! Pete Tritak And Partner Bill Morgan Put Together One Of The Most Competitive Station Wagons Ever Seen At An NHRA Event. Racing In The Early Days Of Super Stock, The Tritak Performance 63' Super Stock Plymouth "War Wagon" Held Its Own Against Some Of The Best Competition The Class Had To Offer, Including Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins. It Was An NHRA National Class Record Holder!

View attachment 70095
Tritak and Morgan were racing legends in Northern New Jersey in the 60’s and 70’s

Looks like the '62 Dart that I bought in 1967. It was an ex-Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P.) cruiser. It had 15" rims, 11" brakes, and 313, 3-speed stick on the column. I swapped out the tired powertrain for an almost new 383 4-speed bought at a local junk yard. $500.00 for the car and $500.00 for the new powertrain. Those were the days!
I have been a member of FBBO for a couple of years, and this is the first time I have seen this thread. It is incredible! I am binging right now. About page 20 of 81.

Auto Transport Service
Back