• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vinyl resources

Roger63

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody know if there is a resource to get the vinyl cover for door panels. This is for my Coronet and the boards are perfect but vinyl is showing its age.
Thanks

Maybe a local shop could help you ? You could also go OEM, and order the materials from SMS. Legendary also may have what you need ???

Maybe a local shop could help you ? You could also go OEM, and order the materials from SMS. Legendary also may have what you need ???
So far alls I've found is finished panels but they are pricey. Who is sms?

Last edited:
I have bought bulk vinyl directly from Legendary in the pattern I was seeking to fix a seat panel tear. They got it to me promptly. Not cheap but heavy, premium vinyl. I think their standard roll was something like 4 or 5 ft wide. I needed a fairly narrow piece to fix a rear seat skirt so I ended up with a lot of vinyl, but cheaper and Faster than a new seat cover.

SMS is a competitor of Legendary Interiors, and is much easier to work with. They will supply you with material or will reproduce your panels. They did the interior panels for a 1964 Polara I restored. If you are doing your own panels, it is impossible to replicate the heat seamed details. SMS is in Oregon.

31.jpg

28.jpg

SMS is a competitor of Legendary Interiors, and is much easier to work with. They will supply you with material or will reproduce your panels. They did the interior panels for a 1964 Polara I restored. If you are doing your own panels, it is impossible to replicate the heat seamed details. SMS is in Oregon.
Thanks, I called them and they have the material but would not sell it to me embossed. $800 for the 4 panels.

Thanks, I called them and they have the material but would not sell it to me embossed. $800 for the 4 panels.
Hope your not in a hurry. I waited 5yrs for completion on mine. I believe they had some labor changes, to cut the waiting time down...

5 YEARS!!!!! Holy crap
You just have to plan ahead. If I would have gotten off my butt and ordered my interior a year before I bought the car that it goes in, I wouldn't be waiting for it now.

That's pretty cool but what is the material that he is using for the repair?
That's the thing they always just call it "Filler" I'm trying to do some repairs on my door panels and just keep seeing the same type of video but they don't tell you what it is they use..

I have a friend also use 100% acrylic paint works best with vinyl… & heat gun.
Thanks, a friend just mentioned that to me also.. didn't know if it stays flexible, will check it out :)

Auto Transport Service
Back