• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Viscous Clutch Fan Measurement. Will It Fit?

Mike Z

Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
My 68 Charger is running hotter than I'd like. It has a blue flex fan on it with a shroud.
Going to upgrade to a viscous clutch fan if it will fit.
I can't find any info on the Mopar Performance P4120758
I have 4 1/4 inches to the radiator from the pulley
Can anyone please measure the hight of this package and let me know?
Has anyone found a shorter clutch that will make it shorter if needed?
Thanks In Advance.
Mike Z.

For some reason the Mopar Performance P4120758 kit has a clutch that is too long. It has been discovered the below clutch has the same bolt patteren and fit the b-body perfect with the stock rad. I did use the fan from the mopar kit the clutch that comes with the kit was too long. I run this set up on my 66 belvedere with a 440 and I haven't had any problems.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HDA-2765/

I would get rid of the flex fan and run a hayden fan & clutch setup for that year.! i did and my car runs great.

I have found a couple different clutches that will work. #4095704 I found at my dads I'll be an inch away. With the stock clutch of of m 340 duster I'll be 2 inches away.
The 4095704 has a thermo spring on the front and the 340 is only fluid filled and lighter.
Which would you guys go with?
Thanks Again,
Mike Z.

always go for the strongest clutch you can get...and that fits... Thermal is a must.... HD better....... severe Duty is just FINE !
The 2765 Hayden ( JAG Clutch ) is severe duty....afaik that one is a good choice

Greetings Juergen

2765 is only standard duty -I have one- Trying to find one in heavy duty or severe myself.

1969 Coronet R/T w/440. I bought a 1969 7-blade fan on ebay and my fan clutch at rockauto.com Hayden 2747 Standard rotation heavy duty. The front of the clutch sits about an inch from radiator.

...according to the HAYDEN Catalog... 2765 is a severe duty fan clutch.... but I am with you...the fan clutch is not very tight.... so perhaps they made a mistake on their homepage ??

Greetings Juergen

@themechanic... the 2747 is more than 3 " in hight... right ?

I'll measure today and get back ASAP.

3 1/4" from back of flange to front of finned aluminum part. Front of finned part sits 3/4" from the radiator. BTW, I have an aluminum water pump housing an water pump with single row pulley.

Last edited:
2747 lists as 3.34" overall height.

I measured mine with a straight edge at 3 3/8"

Here's a photo of the fan I bought with clutch from an Ebayer. It's the original 7-blade fan with part number painted on one blade and one of the old fan clutch beside the new Hayden.

IMG_0007.jpgIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0012.jpg

are you guys aware that someone just came out with a repop
of the original 070 fan clutch for 200 bucks..

Auto Transport Service
Back