• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vladmir Putin hands Obama his ***!

scotts74birds

Local time
5:55 AM
Reaction score
Well Putin and the Iranians scored a diplomatic coup today by announcing that they had come up with an alternative to attacking (with un-specified goals) Syria for the chemical weapons attacks. Mr. Obama's vague assertion that WE should PUNISH President Assad for his use of them, (not proven to me) and stage attacks against the Assad government, have fallen flat to the ears of the American people, and some of the more level-headed in the congress. The use of chemical weapons IS an abomination in my opinion, against military, or civilian targets. But the "Chain-of-Command" required for the release of them may be different in their military. STILL! Too early to say we MUST attack Syrian targets. Mr. Putin "foxed" the U.S. with this little diplomatic coup (not hard to do considering this administration) by finding a "peaceful" alternative. And making (or re-affirming the U.S) as the "Evil-Empire" in the mid-east. The suggestion was a "multi-national" securing of Syria's chemical weapons. I thought of this 6 months ago!
The best way to say this is "We ain't go no dog in this fight!" Both sides hate us, even on a good day! The best, and only course of action we have, as compassionate Americans, is to promise to provide food and medical relief to both sides as a humanitarian gesture. Then, they will still hate us, but WE know we did the right thing.

KGB Chief vs Community Organizer. Hmm.

As more of you read what has happened with Mr. Obamas goals, and Mr. Putins spoiler, you will realize what a major diplomatic coup that has just been pulled-off. It's not often that the Soviets, I'm sorry, Russians, can embarrass a president. I have to wonder, just WHO is advising the President? We all know that he was just a Senator, and not well-versed in international-diplomacy, but his advisers MUST be better than this!

none of that matters...look at the people that support him....enough said!!!

Why do we need to get involved with Syria at all? If someone attacks us then ok rain holy hell on them but I have to be honest.. Syria's civil war is not our business. Those people will never embrace a society like ours ..NEVER democracy is not what they want or care about. They will hate us no matter what the outcome is and they wont be friendly. SO there is no need spending billions of US tax payer dollars to bomb someone the majority of the country doesn't care about. Its not pre-emptive for anyone.. it isn't setting any example of weakness... We have bombed the **** out of the world when ever we feel like it, we don't feel a need to do it now. The war mongers who would fire off missile after missile at the drop of a hat need to fade away. Protect our interest and help democracy bloom where it wants to... The middle east does not want democracy.

image.jpg

Yeah really,, the man is a joke. I really think he got what he wanted "he never wanted to attack" he was just trying to save face and hoping congress would shut him down so he wouldn't look like the coward he is. You watch, they'll spin this like a victory that they cleverly maneuvered through. Can you imagine getting involved in any major war with him in charger "scary" I'll pass. He is nothing more than a lawyer and a community organizer "that's it" nothing in his resume. A joke

I believe the Russians also told Bush that getting involved in Afghanistan would be a long term, expensive stalemate, much as what happened to them when they tried. Sometimes they're right.

Obama, OTOH DID have the balls to go into Pakistan to get Bin Laden, where Bush said that "..we have to respect a sovereign nation..." BS.

I firmly believe If we had done that prior to and instead of Irag, the world would have been behind us 100%

I HATE the "lesser of evils" political system we have.

Left takes my money and gives it to the poor.
Right takes my money and gives it to the rich.

WTF??

Why do we need to get involved with Syria at all? If someone attacks us then ok rain holy hell on them but I have to be honest.. Syria's civil war is not our business. Those people will never embrace a society like ours ..NEVER democracy is not what they want or care about. They will hate us no matter what the outcome is and they wont be friendly. SO there is no need spending billions of US tax payer dollars to bomb someone the majority of the country doesn't care about. Its not pre-emptive for anyone.. it isn't setting any example of weakness... We have bombed the **** out of the world when ever we feel like it, we don't feel a need to do it now. The war mongers who would fire off missile after missile at the drop of a hat need to fade away. Protect our interest and help democracy bloom where it wants to... The middle east does not want democracy.

I agree

Russia has two major exports that bring hard currency into their country: weapons and oil. Syria is one of the biggest buyers of the former of those two, which is why they will do everything they can to keep Assad in power. They are not driven by power, religion, or morals, just rubles, and the last thing in the world the Russians want is the guy they're owed billions by to get ousted from power.

What makes this whole deal such an epic failure was our goal has been to prevent the proliferation and use of WMDs. At the end of the day, countries have to understand that there will be a price too high for them to pay if they try to obtain these, or worse, use them. That was the point of the Red Line. The problem with drawing lines is you have to defend them.

Reagan drew a line with Libya, and when they crossed it he blew up some airfields. When they crossed it again, he blew up more bases, parts of Tripoli, and Quadaffi's house... which sent a clear message to the Colonel that if he crossed it again... he was going to get blown up. Result: Quadaffi quit teasing the eagle. Compare/contrast that to the lines Clinton drew where when they were crossed, he blew up an aspirin factory and an empty office building. Not much of a price paid there. So what's the lesson today? The value of setting boundaries is only as high as the effort someone is going to expend to defend them, and our wishi-washiness is telling our enemies they have nothing to fear from the US.

The outcome of this is that Assad will get to keep his weapons to use as deterrence against attacks from his Arab neighbors, who have been known to pounce when weakness is sensed, they'll just be locked up while their best friend holds the key. No one will be brought to justice for the chemical attacks because now there will be no investigation into who actually launched the attack. And lastly, Iran knows exactly how far they can push things.

But there is one more wrinkle to all this. I would say there's an 70% chance the rebels launched that chemical attack, using weapons taken from a base they captured earlier this year. If they launch another attack, and do a better job of pinning it on Assad, then Russia is going to take one on the chin.

Russia has two major exports that bring hard currency into their country: weapons and oil. Syria is one of the biggest buyers of the former of those two, which is why they will do everything they can to keep Assad in power. They are not driven by power, religion, or morals, just rubles, and the last thing in the world the Russians want is the guy they're owed billions by to get ousted from power.

What makes this whole deal such an epic failure was our goal has been to prevent the proliferation and use of WMDs. At the end of the day, countries have to understand that there will be a price too high for them to pay if they try to obtain these, or worse, use them. That was the point of the Red Line. The problem with drawing lines is you have to defend them.

Reagan drew a line with Libya, and when they crossed it he blew up some airfields. When they crossed it again, he blew up more bases, parts of Tripoli, and Quadaffi's house... which sent a clear message to the Colonel that if he crossed it again... he was going to get blown up. Result: Quadaffi quit teasing the eagle. Compare/contrast that to the lines Clinton drew where when they were crossed, he blew up an aspirin factory and an empty office building. Not much of a price paid there. So what's the lesson today? The value of setting boundaries is only as high as the effort someone is going to expend to defend them, and our wishi-washiness is telling our enemies they have nothing to fear from the US.

The outcome of this is that Assad will get to keep his weapons to use as deterrence against attacks from his Arab neighbors, who have been known to pounce when weakness is sensed, they'll just be locked up while their best friend holds the key. No one will be brought to justice for the chemical attacks because now there will be no investigation into who actually launched the attack. And lastly, Iran knows exactly how far they can push things.

But there is one more wrinkle to all this. I would say there's an 70% chance the rebels launched that chemical attack, using weapons taken from a base they captured earlier this year. If they launch another attack, and do a better job of pinning it on Assad, then Russia is going to take one on the chin.

Libya blew up the Pan Am flight.. we owed them.. What terror activity has Styria done to us?

As far as Iran.. they know we will bomb them back into the stone age if they touch us. Iran is our enemy and who we will be going to war with soon enough. We don't need to be at war with Syria at the same time. They haven't touched us as far as I know.

Iraq
Afghanistan
Syria
Iran
Pakistan?
N Korea.

Only two more heads to go.

Wanna start a pool?

Whoops! We do live in a democracy & the last I heard was that Obama did win the last 2 elections. I guess in some peoples mind he can never do the right thing. But here in Bama I have even heard that he didn't really win the last election anyway, he stole it. Wow! Another conspiracy theory to go along with the Kennedy assassination, landing on the moon, and Elvis is alive.

So, where did the chemical weapons come from? You don't suppose ol' Saddam Hussein had his neighbor store (hide) them for a while...in the event someone should come looking for them, do you? Can they track that stuff to its' origination, like they can mad cow disease? Just me, pondering online...

elvis is dead thought we just had a sighting a few months back:eusa_think:

elvis is dead thought we just had a sighting a few months back:eusa_think:

Now that's funny... This will be in the political forum soon enough, I will wait to comment until then, so I don't get in trouble...

Auto Transport Service
Back