• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wagon vs 4 door

DaneBisel

Local time
12:53 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the door panels in a sedan are the same as a wagon? How about the floor pans from the rear seat forward? Thank you for your time

2A0836B4-DAC3-4C66-9FB8-ADA3D8349DAB.jpeg
The ‘68-‘70 wagons have a longer rear door. It is shared between the Belvedere and coronet. The door panels are longer as well. The front doors are the same.

Here’s a pic of my 4 door and wagon.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. So the wagon has the same rear doors as a 4 door belvedere and coronet? I love your cars!

Thank you for your reply. So the wagon has the same rear doors as a 4 door belvedere and coronet? I love your cars!
I thought he said the rear door on th wagon was longer than the four door sedan!!!!! Read it again I could me mistaken!!!! Good info to know for the wagon guy.
People always want my good running rust free more doors for parts cars!!! LoL:thumbsup::rofl:

The doors are longer on the wagon Not a great pic to differentiate... but look at the fixed quarter window, and it’s obvious. I believe the floor is slightly longer as well, but I haven’t measured it.

So are door panels specific to wagons? What are people doing for door panels that are restoring them?

64 plymouth wagon and 4 door use the same rear door. Inside door panel is the same too.

64 plymouth wagon and 4 door use the same rear door. Inside door panel is the same too.

That changed in ‘68. The wagon has a slightly longer wheelbase as well starting in ‘68.

I used to have a 1967 Coronet wagon. I believe that only the extruded door upper and corresponding glass was different. The non-wagon Coronet had a one inch longer wheelbase than a Belvedere, because it was a more expensive car. If buyers spent more $$$, they expected more for their money. But this was just an illusion. Chrysler juggled the wheelbase change by using a longer front spring hanger bracket on the Coronet to shove the rear axle back one inch. The floor pans remained the same for 1966 and up b-bodies. The Coronet wagons shared the same shorter 116" wheelbase with the Belvedere. This could have been done so they could also share the same length roof stamping.

Last edited:
I've never heard of rear doors being different lengths or taking different interior panels, nor that the chassis are longer.

What I do know for a fact is that 68-70 B body wagons use the 66/67 floor pan and the 66/67 gas tank.
68/69 non-wagon cars got a new floor pan and new gas tank with under license plate filler neck which IIRC got a minor change for 70.

..and that the 66/67 rear doors are different only in that the window frames are squared off on the wagon, which then also makes the rubber seal different. I believe this is also true for 68-70.

Last edited:
Wheel base was a big deal issue in the 1960's and a longer wheel base was supposed to be a better riding car.
Ads from the era routinely tout wheel base lengths.
It's even molded into some 1/25th scale promo cars.

Thanks for the info. I’m just trying to figure out where/how/and what door panels to order for a 69 satellite wagon

The ‘68-‘69 B body sedans had 3 different rear doors. The Belvedere, the Coronet, and the wagons. The Belvedere and Coronet wagon shared the same door. I believe the Belvedere and Coronet Wagon are the same from the cowl back to the rear bumper other than the taillights.

Thanks for the info. I’m just trying to figure out where/how/and what door panels to order for a 69 satellite wagon

I’ll measure the panels tonight, and post what they are.

Here’s a bigger pic of my 4 door and wagon. Notice the body line above the door handle on the 4 door. Absent on the wagon. And obviously the Coronet 4 door is different.
3BC9977D-B37F-41FC-86B3-BB10719F7A76.jpeg

Here’s a ‘68 Coronet 4 door for comparison.
B4AFEFA8-D273-4407-93A9-5B8F67F0388E.jpeg

Last edited:

I measured both door cards at 30”. They look to be the same. And the door length is the same, checked on several places. The top as seen in my pics is longer on the wagon. I hope that helps you. :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back