• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waiting on delivery of my new toy.

Mac The Bloody

Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Missed out a couple of times on the 68-70 B body I was after by not acting quickly enough but I found a 1967 GTX that I liked. Purchase agreement has been signed and I'm waiting for the banks to open on Tuesday so I can transfer funds to the seller.

Car is in Michigan and I'm in British Columbia. Not sure how long it will take to show up at my house but I'll post some pix when it gets here. It's a numbers matching 440 car but I'm going to modify it to suit my own vision. I'm planning to go a little nuts on the mods next year, but going to do a milder version of it almost immediately upon arrival.

I'm not a fan of "trailer queens" so I'm going to drive the wheels off of it and enjoy it. That's what they were made for, am I right?

:xscuseless:

Waiting-GIF.gif

:lol:

Congrats on the purchase.

Were you able to fly down and look at it in person?
Unfortunately no.
I was going to hire an inspector, but when I was talking to my cousin in Ontario he offered to drive down and take a look. Not quite the same as checking it out myself but I'm confident in what he told me so decided to go ahead with the purchase.

Still one more day to go before I can transfer funds and arrange shipping. I'll be like the guy in the image posted by kiwigtx above until It's sitting in my driveway.

Update, shipper picked up my GTX in Michigan this morning. Should be in my driveway in 5-7 days.

Quick question. Does anyone know where to find low tension hood springs for this car? There's a glass hood and tunnel ram in it's future.

Where in Michigan? I may know the car. Congrats on your new purchase.

Where in Michigan? I may know the car. Congrats on your new purchase.
Southern Motors in Clarkston.

Unfortunately I'm not driving it yet. There were some issues that caused it to fail a govt inspection and I can't get plates or insurance until it's up to snuff. Nothing huge, but it's taking some time to address. Pretty car though. Body is excellent and interior is like new. When I took it to shop for inspection the 440 ran strong, trans shifts firmly, handling was good etc.

Can only get a point A to point B permit to take for inspection again when ready. No plates until she passes.
GTX-1.jpg
GTX-2.jpg
GTX-5.jpg
GTX-4.jpg
GTX-3.jpg

Last edited:
Medium Copper and looks like copper interior?

Damn thats nice. And is an amazing color combo in person

Great looking GTX! Well worth the wait. I was at a Mopar show in London, Ontario a couple of weeks ago where I spotted a 1967 Hemi, 4-speed GTX. It was White with Medium Copper painted top and Copper interior. This sounds like an unusual combination, but was actually quite attractive. Stupidly, I did not get a picture of it. Apparently, it is a London car, but I had never seen it before.

I know of Southern Motors. I haven't been there to visit in a while. I don't know the car though.

There is one for sale here in Ontario at Grogan Ford in Watford. At $95,000 Can., I think it is overpriced, as are most of the cars in his collection.

There is one for sale here in Ontario at Grogan Ford in Watford. At $95,000 Can., I think it is overpriced, as are most of the cars in his collection.
That does seem high to me.

When I add up the purchase price on mine in Canadian funds, including the tax paid when it crossed the border and the shipping from Michigan to British Columbia I still have about $20,000 less into mine so far.

Update

Got all the little issues fixed and passed the govt inspection today.
I finally have plates and insurance and can enjoy my ride.

Auto Transport Service
Back