• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wakening a 1969 Charger from a Long Slumber

Flathead38

Local time
12:00 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am helping my brother and his son return a 1969 Dodge Charger to the road. My brother bought the car from one of my college buddies in about 1984, and for about 10 years, it was his daily driver. With a new family, he finally decided he needed something more practical, but we couldn't bear to part with the Charger, so it went into storage. Fast forward roughly 30 years (!), and his youngest son is now interested in tinkering with the car. It was originally a "White Hat Special" with a 318, which it still has. It was modified with an aftermarket cam and Edelbrock manifold with 4bbl carb. It was an Arizona and New Mexico car, and still has relatively little rust and only minor parking lot rash as far as body damage. At this point, it's a real time capsule.

We have gotten it running and driving, but now we are trying to sort out some issues that prevent it from being driven regularly, and I have questions. I hope I've come to the right place.

tempImage0fTLrU.png

tempImagezwhUUc.png

tempImagepz6g8d.png

Welcome from Illinois!! What a great family project. Best wishes!

Heck yeah...there are some smart and helpful members on this forum. I've jumped into projects and found myself in trouble and found great success in fixing problems with the help of the great guys on this forum.
Welcome to the club.

I think it is just awesome that your nephew is so interested in getting it back on the road, wish more of his generation had the same interests. You found the right site to get any help you might need.

Nice P51! Welcome from the central coast of Cal. We have relatives in your neck of the woods. Mill Creek and Carlsborg.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. You are at the right place for help and knowledge of these cars. It sounds like a great family project. Please don't do another General Lee!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

good luck with the 69 Charger

Welcome from Nevada. Very cool story and it’s great to see a younger person being able to get involved in Mopars! Especially a 69 Charger. It’s so great his dad kept it. Love the old mag wheels. Quite the time piece!

Great combo… P51 and the Charger! Awesome it was able to be kept all 5hese years and now back on the road! Outstanding!

Welcome from Maine! Great bunch here for all kinds of assistance!

Auto Transport Service
Back